SOUTH SALT LAKE — Salt Lake County Jail officials are investigating the death of a 25-year-old inmate.
Just before 5:30 a.m. on June 30, Alexa C. Hamme was found unresponsive in her cell. There were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play, according to a statement from the jail administrator.
Hamme was booked June 24 for investigation of heroin possession, child endangerment and failing to stop at the command of a police officer in addition to outstanding warrants in similar but separate cases.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12