SOUTH SALT LAKE — Salt Lake County Jail officials are investigating the death of a 25-year-old inmate.
Just before 5:30 a.m. on June 30, Alexa C. Hamme was found unresponsive in her cell. There were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play, according to a statement from the jail administrator.
Hamme was booked June 24 for investigation of heroin possession, child endangerment and failing to stop at the command of a police officer in addition to outstanding warrants in similar but separate cases.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8