SOUTH SALT LAKE — Salt Lake County Jail officials are investigating the death of a 25-year-old inmate.
Just before 5:30 a.m. on June 30, Alexa C. Hamme was found unresponsive in her cell. There were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play, according to a statement from the jail administrator.
Hamme was booked June 24 for investigation of heroin possession, child endangerment and failing to stop at the command of a police officer in addition to outstanding warrants in similar but separate cases.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 14