SOUTH SALT LAKE — Salt Lake County Jail officials are investigating the death of a 25-year-old inmate.
Just before 5:30 a.m. on June 30, Alexa C. Hamme was found unresponsive in her cell. There were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play, according to a statement from the jail administrator.
Hamme was booked June 24 for investigation of heroin possession, child endangerment and failing to stop at the command of a police officer in addition to outstanding warrants in similar but separate cases.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12