SOUTH SALT LAKE — Salt Lake County Jail officials are investigating the death of a 25-year-old inmate.
Just before 5:30 a.m. on June 30, Alexa C. Hamme was found unresponsive in her cell. There were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play, according to a statement from the jail administrator.
Hamme was booked June 24 for investigation of heroin possession, child endangerment and failing to stop at the command of a police officer in addition to outstanding warrants in similar but separate cases.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9