Follow the nose: Salt Lake fire department swears in new accelerant detection K-9
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The newest member of the Salt Lake City Fire Department has a nose up on arsonists and is planning on using those skills to sniff out the causes of fires.
The new investigator is accelerant detection K-9 Daz. Daz, a Labrador retriever, and his handler, Arson Investigator Russ Whitney recently completed the five-week canine-accelerant detection school sponsored by State Farm Insurance and certified by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 95
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18