Follow the nose: Salt Lake fire department swears in new accelerant detection K-9
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The newest member of the Salt Lake City Fire Department has a nose up on arsonists and is planning on using those skills to sniff out the causes of fires.
The new investigator is accelerant detection K-9 Daz. Daz, a Labrador retriever, and his handler, Arson Investigator Russ Whitney recently completed the five-week canine-accelerant detection school sponsored by State Farm Insurance and certified by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26