In 2010, larceny-theft accounted for 68.1 percent of all property crimes in the U.S. and resulted in estimated loss of 15.7 billion dollars nationally. Salt Lake City alone had a reported 341 total robberies in 2012.
It only takes 10 minutes for many criminals to rob a home and make a swift getaway, according to the infographic below released by Safewise, a website that reviews safety and security products.
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Most US workers unprepared to meet retirement...
- Insurance agents feeling left out of "Obamacare"
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- The shift away from driving continues
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- What do the new jobs numbers mean?
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs... 3
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2