“I had to reconfigure my whole train of thought,” said Pham. “I’ve always been that shy guy.”
And the show helped raise his confidence level, he added. It’s becoming more important for chefs to do more than cook as they could do 20 years ago, Pham said. “The industry is so dynamic. ... You have to be able to adapt.”
Pham also competed in the second episode of the new online "Star Salvation," against two other eliminated chefs — Connie “Lovely” Jackson, a California caterer, and Danushka Lysek, a private chef in New York City — for a shot to re-enter the competition, which was a complete surprise to Pham.
Robert Irvine, of “Restaurant: Impossible,” gave the trio a combination of sad ingredients, including burnt toast, soggy broccoli and carrots, dried-out pork chops and burnt nuts and they had 20 minutes to make a dish with those ingredients.
Pham made a Carrot and Ginger soup and Lysek made a Broccoli Soup with a Pork Pate, but neither was enough to beat Jackson’s Pork Croquette with Carrot Puree.
Pham will be opening a new restaurant in Park City this fall called Fire and Water.
"I just want focus on ingredient to bring out the deepest flavor in it,” Pham said of the new restaurant. Instead of a dozen different flavors on a plate, he’s planning to zero in on a few and enhance those.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Celebrities and their kids: Family is still...
- Salt Lake father-son team take first in 3rd...
- LDS screenwriter talks about faith, family...
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks before...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world, one...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 24
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 18
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world,... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 9
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families... 6
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion... 4