Peter Mountain, ASSOCIATED PRESS
"The Lone Ranger”: 3 points for parents
Violence/gore — Being a Western, there are many shootouts and fistfights. A few sucker punches are thrown. Characters die in this film. Once again filmmakers find a way to have bloodless injuries. Some characters are ruthless and do not care about the consequences of their actions. Explosions take some lives. Two men have a heavy beam fall on their heads and crush them. They are shown sticking out from under the beam. A group of Indians charges a group of cavalry. The scene does not end well for them.
Drinking/gambling — Scenes take place in a brothel where men are playing cards and drinking.
Sensuality — The women in the brothel are scantily dressed above the waist and dresses are raised to show a few legs. This includes one leg that is not real but does have a weapon inside.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- First trailer for 'Night at the Museum:...
- Farewell, Monty Python
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 16
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days 1