Peter Mountain, ASSOCIATED PRESS
"The Lone Ranger”: 3 points for parents
Violence/gore — Being a Western, there are many shootouts and fistfights. A few sucker punches are thrown. Characters die in this film. Once again filmmakers find a way to have bloodless injuries. Some characters are ruthless and do not care about the consequences of their actions. Explosions take some lives. Two men have a heavy beam fall on their heads and crush them. They are shown sticking out from under the beam. A group of Indians charges a group of cavalry. The scene does not end well for them.
Drinking/gambling — Scenes take place in a brothel where men are playing cards and drinking.
Sensuality — The women in the brothel are scantily dressed above the waist and dresses are raised to show a few legs. This includes one leg that is not real but does have a weapon inside.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- 10 books that you were forced to read in...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1