"Despicable Me 2”: 3 points for parents
Violence/humor — The violence in this film is played for comic relief. It is animated violence, so no one real is being hurt. Many of the minions slap each other and fight. Some humor is juvenile and slightly rude.
Minions — A mixture developed in a lab makes the minions wild and feral.
Message — It is nice that a “bad guy” can be such a good guy. Good message about family and being loyal.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- For gamers, combating online abuse not easy
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- Salt Lake Comic Con and Utah Symphony present...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 1