Brazen robbers stole from Riverton woman's garage while she was outside may have been identified
RIVERTON — A pair of alleged burglars, who police say walked into a woman's garage and stole her credit cards while she was outside mowing her lawn, may have been identified.
Unified police say they are looking for 35-year-old Jason Kettler and 31-year-old Chauntae Petersen.
On June 24, police say a man pulled into a Riverton driveway, stole golf clubs and several other items out of the homeowner's garage, smashed a window of the woman's car and stole her credit cards. The man and a female accomplice are then believed to have used the credit cards at least eight times at various business around the valley, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Investigators released several surveillance video pictures Monday from the home and stores where the credit cards were used, Hoyal said, which resulted in a number of tips from the public that identified Kettler and Petersen.
The pair were last seen driving a red, four-door, 1999-2001 Subaru Impreza with a sunroof, spoiler and vents in the hood.
Kettler, who has a lengthy criminal history, according to Utah State Court records, was charged June 12 in a theft incident and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Anyone with information can call police at 385-468-9391.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 52
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10