Brazen robbers stole from Riverton woman's garage while she was outside may have been identified
RIVERTON — A pair of alleged burglars, who police say walked into a woman's garage and stole her credit cards while she was outside mowing her lawn, may have been identified.
Unified police say they are looking for 35-year-old Jason Kettler and 31-year-old Chauntae Petersen.
On June 24, police say a man pulled into a Riverton driveway, stole golf clubs and several other items out of the homeowner's garage, smashed a window of the woman's car and stole her credit cards. The man and a female accomplice are then believed to have used the credit cards at least eight times at various business around the valley, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Investigators released several surveillance video pictures Monday from the home and stores where the credit cards were used, Hoyal said, which resulted in a number of tips from the public that identified Kettler and Petersen.
The pair were last seen driving a red, four-door, 1999-2001 Subaru Impreza with a sunroof, spoiler and vents in the hood.
Kettler, who has a lengthy criminal history, according to Utah State Court records, was charged June 12 in a theft incident and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Anyone with information can call police at 385-468-9391.
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 61
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 47
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 16
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15