Brazen robbers stole from Riverton woman's garage while she was outside may have been identified
RIVERTON — A pair of alleged burglars, who police say walked into a woman's garage and stole her credit cards while she was outside mowing her lawn, may have been identified.
Unified police say they are looking for 35-year-old Jason Kettler and 31-year-old Chauntae Petersen.
On June 24, police say a man pulled into a Riverton driveway, stole golf clubs and several other items out of the homeowner's garage, smashed a window of the woman's car and stole her credit cards. The man and a female accomplice are then believed to have used the credit cards at least eight times at various business around the valley, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Investigators released several surveillance video pictures Monday from the home and stores where the credit cards were used, Hoyal said, which resulted in a number of tips from the public that identified Kettler and Petersen.
The pair were last seen driving a red, four-door, 1999-2001 Subaru Impreza with a sunroof, spoiler and vents in the hood.
Kettler, who has a lengthy criminal history, according to Utah State Court records, was charged June 12 in a theft incident and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Anyone with information can call police at 385-468-9391.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Merged resorts relying on familiar feel to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 138
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35