Brazen robbers stole from Riverton woman's garage while she was outside may have been identified
RIVERTON — A pair of alleged burglars, who police say walked into a woman's garage and stole her credit cards while she was outside mowing her lawn, may have been identified.
Unified police say they are looking for 35-year-old Jason Kettler and 31-year-old Chauntae Petersen.
On June 24, police say a man pulled into a Riverton driveway, stole golf clubs and several other items out of the homeowner's garage, smashed a window of the woman's car and stole her credit cards. The man and a female accomplice are then believed to have used the credit cards at least eight times at various business around the valley, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Investigators released several surveillance video pictures Monday from the home and stores where the credit cards were used, Hoyal said, which resulted in a number of tips from the public that identified Kettler and Petersen.
The pair were last seen driving a red, four-door, 1999-2001 Subaru Impreza with a sunroof, spoiler and vents in the hood.
Kettler, who has a lengthy criminal history, according to Utah State Court records, was charged June 12 in a theft incident and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Anyone with information can call police at 385-468-9391.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 50
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 35
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 12