Layton man accidentally shoots self in leg during gun training
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — A 33-year-old Layton man taking a gun training course accidentally shot himself in the leg Tuesday while putting his handgun back in his holster.
The accident happened at a training facility in Fairfield about 9:20 a.m. Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the training was not sponsored by a law enforcement agency. The training was being presented by Ryker Defense, he said.
The victim was shot just above the right knee. The bullet exited above his right ankle, Cannon said. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18