Layton man accidentally shoots self in leg during gun training
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — A 33-year-old Layton man taking a gun training course accidentally shot himself in the leg Tuesday while putting his handgun back in his holster.
The accident happened at a training facility in Fairfield about 9:20 a.m. Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the training was not sponsored by a law enforcement agency. The training was being presented by Ryker Defense, he said.
The victim was shot just above the right knee. The bullet exited above his right ankle, Cannon said. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7