Layton man accidentally shoots self in leg during gun training
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — A 33-year-old Layton man taking a gun training course accidentally shot himself in the leg Tuesday while putting his handgun back in his holster.
The accident happened at a training facility in Fairfield about 9:20 a.m. Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the training was not sponsored by a law enforcement agency. The training was being presented by Ryker Defense, he said.
The victim was shot just above the right knee. The bullet exited above his right ankle, Cannon said. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26