Layton man accidentally shoots self in leg during gun training
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — A 33-year-old Layton man taking a gun training course accidentally shot himself in the leg Tuesday while putting his handgun back in his holster.
The accident happened at a training facility in Fairfield about 9:20 a.m. Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the training was not sponsored by a law enforcement agency. The training was being presented by Ryker Defense, he said.
The victim was shot just above the right knee. The bullet exited above his right ankle, Cannon said. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12