Layton man accidentally shoots self in leg during gun training
FAIRFIELD, Utah County — A 33-year-old Layton man taking a gun training course accidentally shot himself in the leg Tuesday while putting his handgun back in his holster.
The accident happened at a training facility in Fairfield about 9:20 a.m. Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the training was not sponsored by a law enforcement agency. The training was being presented by Ryker Defense, he said.
The victim was shot just above the right knee. The bullet exited above his right ankle, Cannon said. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11