Modesty: For it or against it? Passionate responses to swimsuit debate
"Though I went into the spring thinking we had produced more than enough swimsuits to last through the summer, I was caught off guard by the tremendous reaction to my talk," Rey posted. "I want to apologize for the current lack of inventory and thank you for your patience as we fulfill the back-orders and decide when it will be realistic to open up orders on the other swimsuits."
Several other modest swimsuit companies have also expressed their views on the importance of covering up. In an interview with the Huffington Post, Crystal Huyben, 27, discussed her own modest swimsuit company.
"Modesty has always been important to me, believing that our sexuality is an amazing gift from God," Huyben said. "(It's) something to be protected, not put on display for all eyes to see."
Huyben is a born-again Christian from Ontario who prefers to cover up from her knees to her collarbone when swimming. She began sewing her own swimsuits when she was young and has since began her own company, "Simply Modest." Several others from similar backgrounds have formed companies like "Cover up for Christ," "Wholesome Wear" and many others.
Others have also chosen modesty for reasons outside faith. For Tulin Reid, 38, she supports HydroChic, a modest active wear line founded by two modern Orthodox Jewish women.
"My faith is not an influence on my swimsuit choice," said Reid in an interview with Huffington Post. "I paddleboard and do water aerobics. It allows me to be athletic and active without worrying that something will pop out."
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu... 4
- After 8 years with no 'true increase'... 3
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 1