Modesty: For it or against it? Passionate responses to swimsuit debate
"Though I went into the spring thinking we had produced more than enough swimsuits to last through the summer, I was caught off guard by the tremendous reaction to my talk," Rey posted. "I want to apologize for the current lack of inventory and thank you for your patience as we fulfill the back-orders and decide when it will be realistic to open up orders on the other swimsuits."
Several other modest swimsuit companies have also expressed their views on the importance of covering up. In an interview with the Huffington Post, Crystal Huyben, 27, discussed her own modest swimsuit company.
"Modesty has always been important to me, believing that our sexuality is an amazing gift from God," Huyben said. "(It's) something to be protected, not put on display for all eyes to see."
Huyben is a born-again Christian from Ontario who prefers to cover up from her knees to her collarbone when swimming. She began sewing her own swimsuits when she was young and has since began her own company, "Simply Modest." Several others from similar backgrounds have formed companies like "Cover up for Christ," "Wholesome Wear" and many others.
Others have also chosen modesty for reasons outside faith. For Tulin Reid, 38, she supports HydroChic, a modest active wear line founded by two modern Orthodox Jewish women.
"My faith is not an influence on my swimsuit choice," said Reid in an interview with Huffington Post. "I paddleboard and do water aerobics. It allows me to be athletic and active without worrying that something will pop out."
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 14
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11