Modesty: For it or against it? Passionate responses to swimsuit debate
"Though I went into the spring thinking we had produced more than enough swimsuits to last through the summer, I was caught off guard by the tremendous reaction to my talk," Rey posted. "I want to apologize for the current lack of inventory and thank you for your patience as we fulfill the back-orders and decide when it will be realistic to open up orders on the other swimsuits."
Several other modest swimsuit companies have also expressed their views on the importance of covering up. In an interview with the Huffington Post, Crystal Huyben, 27, discussed her own modest swimsuit company.
"Modesty has always been important to me, believing that our sexuality is an amazing gift from God," Huyben said. "(It's) something to be protected, not put on display for all eyes to see."
Huyben is a born-again Christian from Ontario who prefers to cover up from her knees to her collarbone when swimming. She began sewing her own swimsuits when she was young and has since began her own company, "Simply Modest." Several others from similar backgrounds have formed companies like "Cover up for Christ," "Wholesome Wear" and many others.
Others have also chosen modesty for reasons outside faith. For Tulin Reid, 38, she supports HydroChic, a modest active wear line founded by two modern Orthodox Jewish women.
"My faith is not an influence on my swimsuit choice," said Reid in an interview with Huffington Post. "I paddleboard and do water aerobics. It allows me to be athletic and active without worrying that something will pop out."
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in the...
- How parents can keep family screen time under...
- How to prevent cognitive decline related to...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- BYU Cougarettes dance team wins... 9
- Former Ute Matt Asiata found success in... 8
- Is having children an irrational choice? 7
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Where are all the teens going? 4
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 3