Modesty: For it or against it? Passionate responses to swimsuit debate
"Though I went into the spring thinking we had produced more than enough swimsuits to last through the summer, I was caught off guard by the tremendous reaction to my talk," Rey posted. "I want to apologize for the current lack of inventory and thank you for your patience as we fulfill the back-orders and decide when it will be realistic to open up orders on the other swimsuits."
Several other modest swimsuit companies have also expressed their views on the importance of covering up. In an interview with the Huffington Post, Crystal Huyben, 27, discussed her own modest swimsuit company.
"Modesty has always been important to me, believing that our sexuality is an amazing gift from God," Huyben said. "(It's) something to be protected, not put on display for all eyes to see."
Huyben is a born-again Christian from Ontario who prefers to cover up from her knees to her collarbone when swimming. She began sewing her own swimsuits when she was young and has since began her own company, "Simply Modest." Several others from similar backgrounds have formed companies like "Cover up for Christ," "Wholesome Wear" and many others.
Others have also chosen modesty for reasons outside faith. For Tulin Reid, 38, she supports HydroChic, a modest active wear line founded by two modern Orthodox Jewish women.
"My faith is not an influence on my swimsuit choice," said Reid in an interview with Huffington Post. "I paddleboard and do water aerobics. It allows me to be athletic and active without worrying that something will pop out."
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Think twice about where you get your baby advice
- 'Dedication to education': Outgoing Utah...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 113
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- Cruise, Ferguson deliver a winner with... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Finding more... 1