SALT LAKE CITY — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Michael D. Lyon, effective Sept. 1. The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Catherine Conklin, domestic relations commissioner, 2nd District Court; deputy Weber County attorney Sandra Corp; Robert Froerer, partner, Froerer & Miles; Weber County Attorney Dee Smith; and Ogden city attorney Gary Williams.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. July 10.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23