SALT LAKE CITY — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Michael D. Lyon, effective Sept. 1. The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Catherine Conklin, domestic relations commissioner, 2nd District Court; deputy Weber County attorney Sandra Corp; Robert Froerer, partner, Froerer & Miles; Weber County Attorney Dee Smith; and Ogden city attorney Gary Williams.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. July 10.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 18
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 15
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9