SALT LAKE CITY — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Michael D. Lyon, effective Sept. 1. The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Catherine Conklin, domestic relations commissioner, 2nd District Court; deputy Weber County attorney Sandra Corp; Robert Froerer, partner, Froerer & Miles; Weber County Attorney Dee Smith; and Ogden city attorney Gary Williams.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. July 10.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11