SALT LAKE CITY — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Michael D. Lyon, effective Sept. 1. The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Catherine Conklin, domestic relations commissioner, 2nd District Court; deputy Weber County attorney Sandra Corp; Robert Froerer, partner, Froerer & Miles; Weber County Attorney Dee Smith; and Ogden city attorney Gary Williams.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. July 10.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 90
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 46
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 35
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28