SALT LAKE CITY — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Michael D. Lyon, effective Sept. 1. The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Catherine Conklin, domestic relations commissioner, 2nd District Court; deputy Weber County attorney Sandra Corp; Robert Froerer, partner, Froerer & Miles; Weber County Attorney Dee Smith; and Ogden city attorney Gary Williams.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. July 10.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14