MURRAY — A motorcyclist was in critical condition Monday night following a three-vehicle accident on I-15 near 4900 South.
The motorcyclist was traveling in the carpool lane when there was a crash between two vehicles in front on him. The motorcycle hit one of the cars, throwing the 24-year-old driver from the bike. The man was wearing a helmet that fell off because the straps were not tightened, police said.
The man was unconscious when medical personnel arrived and was transported to a local hospital in extremely critical condition, including severe head injuries, according to Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson. No one else was injured in the accident.
Johnson cautioned motorcyclists to wear their equipment properly.
"Ride aware, be aware," he said. "Motorcycle riders need to be aware of their surroundings as well as people in vehicles need to be aware of motorcycle riders and allow each other proper room."
— Whitney Evans
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11