MURRAY — A motorcyclist was in critical condition Monday night following a three-vehicle accident on I-15 near 4900 South.
The motorcyclist was traveling in the carpool lane when there was a crash between two vehicles in front on him. The motorcycle hit one of the cars, throwing the 24-year-old driver from the bike. The man was wearing a helmet that fell off because the straps were not tightened, police said.
The man was unconscious when medical personnel arrived and was transported to a local hospital in extremely critical condition, including severe head injuries, according to Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson. No one else was injured in the accident.
Johnson cautioned motorcyclists to wear their equipment properly.
"Ride aware, be aware," he said. "Motorcycle riders need to be aware of their surroundings as well as people in vehicles need to be aware of motorcycle riders and allow each other proper room."
— Whitney Evans
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12