MURRAY — A motorcyclist was in critical condition Monday night following a three-vehicle accident on I-15 near 4900 South.
The motorcyclist was traveling in the carpool lane when there was a crash between two vehicles in front on him. The motorcycle hit one of the cars, throwing the 24-year-old driver from the bike. The man was wearing a helmet that fell off because the straps were not tightened, police said.
The man was unconscious when medical personnel arrived and was transported to a local hospital in extremely critical condition, including severe head injuries, according to Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson. No one else was injured in the accident.
Johnson cautioned motorcyclists to wear their equipment properly.
"Ride aware, be aware," he said. "Motorcycle riders need to be aware of their surroundings as well as people in vehicles need to be aware of motorcycle riders and allow each other proper room."
— Whitney Evans
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 35
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 21
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17