MURRAY — A motorcyclist was in critical condition Monday night following a three-vehicle accident on I-15 near 4900 South.
The motorcyclist was traveling in the carpool lane when there was a crash between two vehicles in front on him. The motorcycle hit one of the cars, throwing the 24-year-old driver from the bike. The man was wearing a helmet that fell off because the straps were not tightened, police said.
The man was unconscious when medical personnel arrived and was transported to a local hospital in extremely critical condition, including severe head injuries, according to Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson. No one else was injured in the accident.
Johnson cautioned motorcyclists to wear their equipment properly.
"Ride aware, be aware," he said. "Motorcycle riders need to be aware of their surroundings as well as people in vehicles need to be aware of motorcycle riders and allow each other proper room."
— Whitney Evans
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Jury convicts San Juan County commissioner...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19