MURRAY — A motorcyclist was in critical condition Monday night following a three-vehicle accident on I-15 near 4900 South.
The motorcyclist was traveling in the carpool lane when there was a crash between two vehicles in front on him. The motorcycle hit one of the cars, throwing the 24-year-old driver from the bike. The man was wearing a helmet that fell off because the straps were not tightened, police said.
The man was unconscious when medical personnel arrived and was transported to a local hospital in extremely critical condition, including severe head injuries, according to Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson. No one else was injured in the accident.
Johnson cautioned motorcyclists to wear their equipment properly.
"Ride aware, be aware," he said. "Motorcycle riders need to be aware of their surroundings as well as people in vehicles need to be aware of motorcycle riders and allow each other proper room."
— Whitney Evans
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12