American Fork family mourns loss of 5-year-old killed at Lake Powell
AMERICAN FORK — A Utah County family is mourning the loss of a 5-year-old son killed in a boating accident on Lake Powell.
Keaton Howard was riding at the front of a boat, wearing a life jacket, near Bullfrog Marina on Friday when the boat hit a wave and the boy fell into the water. He was hit by the propeller and killed instantly, according to a statement from the Glen Canyon National Recreation area.
The family issued a statement Tuesday expressing their grief.
"Our hearts are broken as we mourn at this time of trial. We love Keaton and his bright personality. He was and is our little man. As a family of faith, we take comfort in our knowledge of God's love for him and for us. We continue to love him and pray for peace and comfort for all who knew him. As we mourn together, we find joy in remembering the light he is in our lives."
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that the public donate a children's book to the American Heritage School, 736 N. 1100 East, and remember Keaton by keeping his love of books alive.
— Pat Reavy
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23