American Fork family mourns loss of 5-year-old killed at Lake Powell
AMERICAN FORK — A Utah County family is mourning the loss of a 5-year-old son killed in a boating accident on Lake Powell.
Keaton Howard was riding at the front of a boat, wearing a life jacket, near Bullfrog Marina on Friday when the boat hit a wave and the boy fell into the water. He was hit by the propeller and killed instantly, according to a statement from the Glen Canyon National Recreation area.
The family issued a statement Tuesday expressing their grief.
"Our hearts are broken as we mourn at this time of trial. We love Keaton and his bright personality. He was and is our little man. As a family of faith, we take comfort in our knowledge of God's love for him and for us. We continue to love him and pray for peace and comfort for all who knew him. As we mourn together, we find joy in remembering the light he is in our lives."
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that the public donate a children's book to the American Heritage School, 736 N. 1100 East, and remember Keaton by keeping his love of books alive.
— Pat Reavy
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 29
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15