American Fork family mourns loss of 5-year-old killed at Lake Powell
AMERICAN FORK — A Utah County family is mourning the loss of a 5-year-old son killed in a boating accident on Lake Powell.
Keaton Howard was riding at the front of a boat, wearing a life jacket, near Bullfrog Marina on Friday when the boat hit a wave and the boy fell into the water. He was hit by the propeller and killed instantly, according to a statement from the Glen Canyon National Recreation area.
The family issued a statement Tuesday expressing their grief.
"Our hearts are broken as we mourn at this time of trial. We love Keaton and his bright personality. He was and is our little man. As a family of faith, we take comfort in our knowledge of God's love for him and for us. We continue to love him and pray for peace and comfort for all who knew him. As we mourn together, we find joy in remembering the light he is in our lives."
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that the public donate a children's book to the American Heritage School, 736 N. 1100 East, and remember Keaton by keeping his love of books alive.
— Pat Reavy
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Prosecutors: Woman killed girlfriend with 46...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- House panel approves bill to require... 26
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 16