American Fork family mourns loss of 5-year-old killed at Lake Powell
AMERICAN FORK — A Utah County family is mourning the loss of a 5-year-old son killed in a boating accident on Lake Powell.
Keaton Howard was riding at the front of a boat, wearing a life jacket, near Bullfrog Marina on Friday when the boat hit a wave and the boy fell into the water. He was hit by the propeller and killed instantly, according to a statement from the Glen Canyon National Recreation area.
The family issued a statement Tuesday expressing their grief.
"Our hearts are broken as we mourn at this time of trial. We love Keaton and his bright personality. He was and is our little man. As a family of faith, we take comfort in our knowledge of God's love for him and for us. We continue to love him and pray for peace and comfort for all who knew him. As we mourn together, we find joy in remembering the light he is in our lives."
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that the public donate a children's book to the American Heritage School, 736 N. 1100 East, and remember Keaton by keeping his love of books alive.
— Pat Reavy
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15