American Fork family mourns loss of 5-year-old killed at Lake Powell
AMERICAN FORK — A Utah County family is mourning the loss of a 5-year-old son killed in a boating accident on Lake Powell.
Keaton Howard was riding at the front of a boat, wearing a life jacket, near Bullfrog Marina on Friday when the boat hit a wave and the boy fell into the water. He was hit by the propeller and killed instantly, according to a statement from the Glen Canyon National Recreation area.
The family issued a statement Tuesday expressing their grief.
"Our hearts are broken as we mourn at this time of trial. We love Keaton and his bright personality. He was and is our little man. As a family of faith, we take comfort in our knowledge of God's love for him and for us. We continue to love him and pray for peace and comfort for all who knew him. As we mourn together, we find joy in remembering the light he is in our lives."
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that the public donate a children's book to the American Heritage School, 736 N. 1100 East, and remember Keaton by keeping his love of books alive.
— Pat Reavy
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17