Brazen robbers steal from Riverton woman's garage while she was outside
RIVERTON — Police were looking Monday for a brazen burglar they believe stole credit cards from a garage while the homeowner was outside mowing her lawn.
About 7 p.m. Wednesday, a woman was mowing her lawn when police say a man pulled into her driveway, stole golf clubs and several other items out of her garage, smashed a window of the woman's car and stole her credit cards.
Since then, investigators believe the man and a female accomplice have used the credit cards at least eight times throughout Salt Lake County to purchase various items, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Investigators could not confirm Monday how the car window was broken, but noted that in the initial burglary the man did not have a bandage around his arm. When he attempted to use a credit card about an hour later, however, it was wrapped.
The homeowner's surveillance cameras and store surveillance cameras captured images of the alleged suspects.
The man is a white, about 5 feet 10 inches, 210 pounds, with short brown hair in a mohawk. He also has several tattoos on his legs.
The only description detectives have of the woman is she is white, about 5 feet 7 inches, 130 pounds, with blond/brown hair. She has a tattoo above her right ankle.
The couple was last seen driving a four-door red Subaru Impreza with a sunroof and spoiler, made between 1999 and 2001.
Anyone with information can call the Unified Police Department at 385-468-9391.
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Missionary, police testify against man...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden told...
- Apparent lightning strike hits Duchesne...
- Woman who drank toxic tea credits God, family...
- Gay rights activists to fight charges for...
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 46
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 40
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 30
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 22
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22