Brazen robbers steal from Riverton woman's garage while she was outside
RIVERTON — Police were looking Monday for a brazen burglar they believe stole credit cards from a garage while the homeowner was outside mowing her lawn.
About 7 p.m. Wednesday, a woman was mowing her lawn when police say a man pulled into her driveway, stole golf clubs and several other items out of her garage, smashed a window of the woman's car and stole her credit cards.
Since then, investigators believe the man and a female accomplice have used the credit cards at least eight times throughout Salt Lake County to purchase various items, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Investigators could not confirm Monday how the car window was broken, but noted that in the initial burglary the man did not have a bandage around his arm. When he attempted to use a credit card about an hour later, however, it was wrapped.
The homeowner's surveillance cameras and store surveillance cameras captured images of the alleged suspects.
The man is a white, about 5 feet 10 inches, 210 pounds, with short brown hair in a mohawk. He also has several tattoos on his legs.
The only description detectives have of the woman is she is white, about 5 feet 7 inches, 130 pounds, with blond/brown hair. She has a tattoo above her right ankle.
The couple was last seen driving a four-door red Subaru Impreza with a sunroof and spoiler, made between 1999 and 2001.
Anyone with information can call the Unified Police Department at 385-468-9391.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14