Brazen robbers steal from Riverton woman's garage while she was outside
RIVERTON — Police were looking Monday for a brazen burglar they believe stole credit cards from a garage while the homeowner was outside mowing her lawn.
About 7 p.m. Wednesday, a woman was mowing her lawn when police say a man pulled into her driveway, stole golf clubs and several other items out of her garage, smashed a window of the woman's car and stole her credit cards.
Since then, investigators believe the man and a female accomplice have used the credit cards at least eight times throughout Salt Lake County to purchase various items, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
Investigators could not confirm Monday how the car window was broken, but noted that in the initial burglary the man did not have a bandage around his arm. When he attempted to use a credit card about an hour later, however, it was wrapped.
The homeowner's surveillance cameras and store surveillance cameras captured images of the alleged suspects.
The man is a white, about 5 feet 10 inches, 210 pounds, with short brown hair in a mohawk. He also has several tattoos on his legs.
The only description detectives have of the woman is she is white, about 5 feet 7 inches, 130 pounds, with blond/brown hair. She has a tattoo above her right ankle.
The couple was last seen driving a four-door red Subaru Impreza with a sunroof and spoiler, made between 1999 and 2001.
Anyone with information can call the Unified Police Department at 385-468-9391.
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Head of Salt Lake Catholic diocese named...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Officials tackling existing, expected...
- Traffic stop in Price leads to 3 arrests,...
- Deputy's widow laments small room for...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 62
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 59
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 50
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 23
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 22
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 13