“He’s had a huge impact on my life [and] I have him to thank for my love of music,” Gochberg said in an interview.
At the dress rehearsal, Rockow and Gochberg had time to catch up on the past 39 years since they had last seen each other.
The choir and orchestra ended their tour in Minneapolis, Minn., a city that prides itself in musical appreciation and talent.
“The concert was perfect. Brian Newhouse did a marvelous job not only introducing the choir and orchestra, but introducing Minnesota to us,” said Nancy Pratt, an alto member of the choir and Minnesota native, on the Choir’s website. “Mack Wilberg had reminded us again that of all of our audiences, this was our most discerning, but I think Brian's invitation for the audience to welcome us in four-part harmony really brought the message home to my Utah family. Minnesota sang a beautiful "Welcome Back" and made me proud. The women around me sat a little taller, and my neighbor marveled, ‘He asked for an E and they knew; they sang it!’ A Minnesota audience is no ordinary audience!”
Black River Falls, Wis.
One their last tour day, the choir sang at the Trail of Honor Park in Black River Falls, Wis. Near the mills, Latter-day Saints harvested lumber and floated it down the Black River to Nauvoo, Ill. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir paid for and donated a historical marker for the location.
“The sacrifices of these logging pioneers are not well-known, even among church members,” choir president Ron Jarrett told Mormon Newsroom. “We wanted to honor these unsung heroes.”
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- Bishop Gérald Caussé announced...
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 50
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 40
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the... 25
- The spiritual revolution taking place... 21
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian... 14