LINDON — The order for Lindon residents to boil their water was lifted Sunday night.
On Friday, the Utah County Health Department ordered all residents and businesses to boil their water after E. coli was discovered.
At 8:30 p.m. Sunday, the order was lifted after two separate tests came back with negative results, according to a news release from the city.
"Samples from the culinary water system of the city have been tested twice (Sunday) with negative results for E. coli bacteria or any other contaminants. The water has been certified as safe to drink by both the Utah State Health Department and the Utah County Health Department," the statement read.
The investigation into the source of the contamination was still ongoing.
E. coli may cause nausea, cramps, diarrhea, headaches and other symptoms, and could pose a risk to infants, young children, the elderly and those with severely compromised immune systems.
— Pat Reavy
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 94
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 22
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11