2-year-old found wandering alone in Salt Lake City placed into protective custody
SALT LAKE CITY — A 2-year-old found wandering alone around a Salt Lake City apartment complex was placed into protective custody Sunday.
Police were called to the area of 1475 West and 400 South about noon and found the child walking barefoot. After canvassing the area, officers could not find a parent or guardian, so the toddler was placed into state protective custody, according to police.
About three hours later, the police department received a call from a relative reporting the child was missing.
The investigation into why the child was out alone and why no one called police for more than three hours was ongoing.
— Pat Reavy
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from... 8