2-year-old found wandering alone in Salt Lake City placed into protective custody
SALT LAKE CITY — A 2-year-old found wandering alone around a Salt Lake City apartment complex was placed into protective custody Sunday.
Police were called to the area of 1475 West and 400 South about noon and found the child walking barefoot. After canvassing the area, officers could not find a parent or guardian, so the toddler was placed into state protective custody, according to police.
About three hours later, the police department received a call from a relative reporting the child was missing.
The investigation into why the child was out alone and why no one called police for more than three hours was ongoing.
— Pat Reavy
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12