2-year-old found wandering alone in Salt Lake City placed into protective custody
SALT LAKE CITY — A 2-year-old found wandering alone around a Salt Lake City apartment complex was placed into protective custody Sunday.
Police were called to the area of 1475 West and 400 South about noon and found the child walking barefoot. After canvassing the area, officers could not find a parent or guardian, so the toddler was placed into state protective custody, according to police.
About three hours later, the police department received a call from a relative reporting the child was missing.
The investigation into why the child was out alone and why no one called police for more than three hours was ongoing.
— Pat Reavy
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27