2-year-old found wandering alone in Salt Lake City placed into protective custody
SALT LAKE CITY — A 2-year-old found wandering alone around a Salt Lake City apartment complex was placed into protective custody Sunday.
Police were called to the area of 1475 West and 400 South about noon and found the child walking barefoot. After canvassing the area, officers could not find a parent or guardian, so the toddler was placed into state protective custody, according to police.
About three hours later, the police department received a call from a relative reporting the child was missing.
The investigation into why the child was out alone and why no one called police for more than three hours was ongoing.
— Pat Reavy
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- Bingham High students walk out over... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18