2-year-old found wandering alone in Salt Lake City placed into protective custody
SALT LAKE CITY — A 2-year-old found wandering alone around a Salt Lake City apartment complex was placed into protective custody Sunday.
Police were called to the area of 1475 West and 400 South about noon and found the child walking barefoot. After canvassing the area, officers could not find a parent or guardian, so the toddler was placed into state protective custody, according to police.
About three hours later, the police department received a call from a relative reporting the child was missing.
The investigation into why the child was out alone and why no one called police for more than three hours was ongoing.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14