Record breaking heat buckles I-215 on-ramp, prompts closure
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah roadways baked under the extreme heat on Saturday, with one on-ramp buckling due to the record-setting temperatures.
The on-ramp to southbound I-215 suffered damage at 3300 South and had to be closed for four hours, according to the Utah Department of Transportation.
If the unusual heat continues to dominate during the summer months, the Utah Highway Patrol said it expects roads to buckle periodically because of those conditions.
— Amy Joi O'Donoghue
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35