Utah Utes football: Aaron Sharp switches commitment to Kansas State a day after committing to U.
SALT LAKE CITY — Less than 24 hours after verbally committing to the University of Utah, Texas high school quarterback Aaron Sharp announced his intention Saturday to enroll at Kansas State.
Sharp, a 6-foot-3 three-star prospect out of Houston, is considered to be one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the 2014 high school recruiting class. As a junior he threw for 2,954 yards and 38 touchdowns. He also placed first in the 200-meter dash during the state track meet with a time of 21.19.
Sharp originally announced his commitment to the Utes via Twitter while holding offers from Kansas State, Baylor, Arizona State, Houston and Mississippi State.
Utah still remains relatively comfortable at the quarterback position, with sophomore Travis Wilson entering fall camp as the starter along with freshmen Connor Manning and Brandon Cox waiting in the wings.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Tyler Haws to play with Cleveland Cavaliers...
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Reports: Jackson Vroman found dead
- Why is William Penn, a Quaker university in...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 47
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 32
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 25
- NBA draft: Utah Jazz select Trey Lyles... 22
- NBA draft: Utes' Delon Wright selected... 17
- Upstill: Does Trey Lyles have what it... 16
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13