Increase energy productivity associated with electricity and natural gas. This goal calls for the support and enhancement of utility energy efficiency programs and the encouragement of the current inventory of homes and commercial buildings in the West to retrofit with state-of-the-art energy efficiency technology.
Establish an energy distribution infrastructure for transmission lines and pipelines that includes a siting and permitting process that promotes more development, yet protects the environment. This goal emphasizes cooperation among the states in multi-state projects, while maintaining local autonomy.
Protect Western wildlife, natural resources and the environment. This goal calls for the continued development of air and water quality improvements in each state and across state lines and achieving balance between responsible development of energy projects and wildlife conservation.
Make the West an international leader in energy education and development of new energy technologies. This goal would be accomplished by tapping into the expertise of industry, national laboratories and academic institutions. The objective also includes the establishment of private-public research and development of partnerships and increased support of training in energy-related fields.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 97
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11