LDS missionary Siosiua Andrew Taufa remembered as humble, valiant at funeral service
In conclusion, Elder Nelson spoke about possible concerns the family may have for Elder Taufa, as he did not receive the blessings of marriage or fatherhood. In response, Elder Nelson said, "In the Lord's time, all will be given him. ... In the eternal realm, he will be crowned with light and glory. Not only that, he has gone to prepare a place for each one of you in his precious family, that where he is, there you may be also.”
Elder Nelson then placed a blessing on the family "that they may be delivered from grief and continue as beacons of light." He continued to bless them that there will be "no empty chairs in your ultimate celestial reunion."
Family members gathered at the gravesite where several doves — a Tongan symbol of peace — were released.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20