Utah Blaze: After tumultuous week, Blaze host San Jose at EnergySolutions Arena
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze return home after a tumultuous week that saw them fall to Spokane by nearly 40 points while their front office dealt with significant financial issues that caused the franchise to be temporarily evicted from EnergySolutions Arena.
With the lingering financial question marks answered for the time being, the Blaze (5-8) host San Jose (9-4) at 7 p.m. at EnergySolutions Arena, where they've since returned. The SaberCats topped Utah by single point behind quarterback Russ Michna on May 25.
Jason Boltus is expected to make his third-consecutive start behind center for Utah after throwing for 362 yards and six touchdowns in a 81-40 loss at Spokane. Boltus and receiver Mario Urrutia have developed a strong connection in the passing game.
San Jose will unleash Clevan Thomas, who leads the AFL with nine interceptions, to stop the Blaze combo. The ‘Cats rank second in total defense and passing defense this season.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34