Utah Blaze: After tumultuous week, Blaze host San Jose at EnergySolutions Arena
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze return home after a tumultuous week that saw them fall to Spokane by nearly 40 points while their front office dealt with significant financial issues that caused the franchise to be temporarily evicted from EnergySolutions Arena.
With the lingering financial question marks answered for the time being, the Blaze (5-8) host San Jose (9-4) at 7 p.m. at EnergySolutions Arena, where they've since returned. The SaberCats topped Utah by single point behind quarterback Russ Michna on May 25.
Jason Boltus is expected to make his third-consecutive start behind center for Utah after throwing for 362 yards and six touchdowns in a 81-40 loss at Spokane. Boltus and receiver Mario Urrutia have developed a strong connection in the passing game.
San Jose will unleash Clevan Thomas, who leads the AFL with nine interceptions, to stop the Blaze combo. The ‘Cats rank second in total defense and passing defense this season.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 124
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 48
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14