Utah Blaze: After tumultuous week, Blaze host San Jose at EnergySolutions Arena
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze return home after a tumultuous week that saw them fall to Spokane by nearly 40 points while their front office dealt with significant financial issues that caused the franchise to be temporarily evicted from EnergySolutions Arena.
With the lingering financial question marks answered for the time being, the Blaze (5-8) host San Jose (9-4) at 7 p.m. at EnergySolutions Arena, where they've since returned. The SaberCats topped Utah by single point behind quarterback Russ Michna on May 25.
Jason Boltus is expected to make his third-consecutive start behind center for Utah after throwing for 362 yards and six touchdowns in a 81-40 loss at Spokane. Boltus and receiver Mario Urrutia have developed a strong connection in the passing game.
San Jose will unleash Clevan Thomas, who leads the AFL with nine interceptions, to stop the Blaze combo. The ‘Cats rank second in total defense and passing defense this season.
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Morning links: Former BYU player Paul Lasike...
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs and...
- Utes football fan raising money to put 'Utah'...
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Former Utah cornerback Dominque Hatfield...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs... 16
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other... 15