Utah Blaze: After tumultuous week, Blaze host San Jose at EnergySolutions Arena
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze return home after a tumultuous week that saw them fall to Spokane by nearly 40 points while their front office dealt with significant financial issues that caused the franchise to be temporarily evicted from EnergySolutions Arena.
With the lingering financial question marks answered for the time being, the Blaze (5-8) host San Jose (9-4) at 7 p.m. at EnergySolutions Arena, where they've since returned. The SaberCats topped Utah by single point behind quarterback Russ Michna on May 25.
Jason Boltus is expected to make his third-consecutive start behind center for Utah after throwing for 362 yards and six touchdowns in a 81-40 loss at Spokane. Boltus and receiver Mario Urrutia have developed a strong connection in the passing game.
San Jose will unleash Clevan Thomas, who leads the AFL with nine interceptions, to stop the Blaze combo. The ‘Cats rank second in total defense and passing defense this season.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28