Stearn believes that creation is a central part of this life. It is a belief that is strongly tied to his belief in God.
“We are creators just like God. We are meant to (create). I’m doing what I’m meant to do.”
And it’s not just the sound of the guitar that’s important. It’s the look as well.
Stearn said the wood he works with is pure art.
“If any human did anything this beautiful it would be in a museum. If you tap into creation, that’s awesome stuff. If I can ever make a guitar that sounds as good as it looks, then I’ll know I’m in heaven.”
Part of Stean’s business is about giving back. His admiration for other artists prompted a local artist discount for regularly performing musicians.
“They are so passionate about what they do that they have set aside commodities they think they need. Those are the people I want to make guitars for.”
Salt Lake City-based artist Daryl Stevenett, who has a custom-made Stearn Guitar, said the guitar spoke to him the first time he played it.
"There is something about the way he is very exact," Stevenett said. "There is something to be said about full craftsmanship. I consider Jesse a good artist."
Stevenett said the intonation of the guitar was absolutely perfect.
"(Jesse) is going to be one of the great ones."
Emmilie Buchanan is an intern for the Deseret News with Mormon Times. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah too dependent on federal dollars, state...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 16
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 15
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15