Between this fall and when the next Princess Academy book comes out in early 2015, Utah author Shannon Hale has five stories that are scheduled to be published.
In September, she will have a short story published titled “Bouncing the Grinning Goat” in “Guys Read: Other Worlds,” which is an anthology of science fiction and fantasy short stories. Other authors in the project include Rick Riordan, D.J. MacHale and Tom Angleberger.
On Oct. 8, “Ever After High: The Storybook of Legends” is scheduled to be published. It’s a middle-grade book about a boarding school (with Headmaster Grimm at the helm) for the children of famous fairy-tale characters, and the first book follows Apple White, daughter of Snow White, and Raven Queen, the daughter of the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
“ ‘Ever After High’ is, officially, the superest super secret project I've ever worked on,” Hale wrote on her blog at squeetus.com. “I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and only refer to it by a code name, which only added to the fun.” See www.everafterhigh.com for more on "Ever After High."
Next spring on April 1, her young adult, contemporary sci-fi adventure “Dangerous” is scheduled to be published by Bloomsbury.
Hale has been asked to write the fourth book in the seven-book Spirit Animals series. The first in the series, written by Brandon Mull, launches this September. Hale’s book is scheduled for next July, the mother of four wrote on her blog.
Then in fall 2014, the first in “The Princess in Black” early chapter book series by Hale and her husband, Dean, and illustrated by LeUyen Pham, is scheduled to be published.
"Dragonfly Sisters," the working title for the next book in the Princess Academy series, is scheduled to be released in early 2015.
And “Austenland,” a movie based on the novel by the same title, opens in theaters this August.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- TLC cancels its 'Honey Boo Boo' series
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60's band Cream, dies...
- The 'boo' stops here!
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 3
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for... 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1