The Wall Street MarketWatch recently released a list of the highest-calorie menu items at 10 of the nation's top fast-food restaurants that offers the most calories per dollar.
At Panera Bread, steak and white cheddar on a French baguette is almost 112 calories for every dollar spent. Although Panera has a wide variety of healthy choices, this meal has 980 calories and 103 grams of carbohydrates, which is nearly half of the USDA's recommended daily intake of carbohydrates.
On Tuesday, Dunkin' Donuts opened its first restaurant in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City. During the summer months, customers might opt for a colder version of a regular mocha. The Dunkin' Donuts frozen mocha coffee coolatta with cream is 730 calories with 142 grams of sugar — the equivalent of 35.5 teaspoons of sugar. At a price tag of $4.39, one cent equals 1.66 calories. If a customer orders something to eat with their drink, like a chocolate coconut cake donut, that is an additional 550 calories and 22 grams of sugar.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- See which 10 books were most frequently...
- Toddler has no kidneys; family hopes for...
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- ‘Dr. Oz’ will mount on-air...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- BYU Cougarettes dance team wins... 9
- Influx of Christian programming at... 7
- Families make videos to reassure... 5
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- 'Be yourself in camouflage': 'Duck... 4
- ‘Dr. Oz’ will mount on-air... 4
- Finally, Congress OKs bill reshaping... 3