The Wall Street MarketWatch recently released a list of the highest-calorie menu items at 10 of the nation's top fast-food restaurants that offers the most calories per dollar.
At Panera Bread, steak and white cheddar on a French baguette is almost 112 calories for every dollar spent. Although Panera has a wide variety of healthy choices, this meal has 980 calories and 103 grams of carbohydrates, which is nearly half of the USDA's recommended daily intake of carbohydrates.
On Tuesday, Dunkin' Donuts opened its first restaurant in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City. During the summer months, customers might opt for a colder version of a regular mocha. The Dunkin' Donuts frozen mocha coffee coolatta with cream is 730 calories with 142 grams of sugar — the equivalent of 35.5 teaspoons of sugar. At a price tag of $4.39, one cent equals 1.66 calories. If a customer orders something to eat with their drink, like a chocolate coconut cake donut, that is an additional 550 calories and 22 grams of sugar.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 36
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 16
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 9
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6