The Wall Street MarketWatch recently released a list of the highest-calorie menu items at 10 of the nation's top fast-food restaurants that offers the most calories per dollar.
At Panera Bread, steak and white cheddar on a French baguette is almost 112 calories for every dollar spent. Although Panera has a wide variety of healthy choices, this meal has 980 calories and 103 grams of carbohydrates, which is nearly half of the USDA's recommended daily intake of carbohydrates.
On Tuesday, Dunkin' Donuts opened its first restaurant in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City. During the summer months, customers might opt for a colder version of a regular mocha. The Dunkin' Donuts frozen mocha coffee coolatta with cream is 730 calories with 142 grams of sugar — the equivalent of 35.5 teaspoons of sugar. At a price tag of $4.39, one cent equals 1.66 calories. If a customer orders something to eat with their drink, like a chocolate coconut cake donut, that is an additional 550 calories and 22 grams of sugar.
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- Marvel Studios unveils next 11 movies, from...
- The Clean Cut: 'Studio C' releases 3 'Hunger...
- Forget about feelings, real love is a...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 13
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 11
- News Guide: A look at latest Ebola... 9
- Hagel approves 21-day Ebola quarantine... 9