The Wall Street MarketWatch recently released a list of the highest-calorie menu items at 10 of the nation's top fast-food restaurants that offers the most calories per dollar.
At Panera Bread, steak and white cheddar on a French baguette is almost 112 calories for every dollar spent. Although Panera has a wide variety of healthy choices, this meal has 980 calories and 103 grams of carbohydrates, which is nearly half of the USDA's recommended daily intake of carbohydrates.
On Tuesday, Dunkin' Donuts opened its first restaurant in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City. During the summer months, customers might opt for a colder version of a regular mocha. The Dunkin' Donuts frozen mocha coffee coolatta with cream is 730 calories with 142 grams of sugar — the equivalent of 35.5 teaspoons of sugar. At a price tag of $4.39, one cent equals 1.66 calories. If a customer orders something to eat with their drink, like a chocolate coconut cake donut, that is an additional 550 calories and 22 grams of sugar.
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a surprisingly...
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- John Nash, the mathematician who inspired 'A...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- 'Tomorrowland': 3 points for parents
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 168
- Erin Stewart: Why do men want 'strong'... 14
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- David Letterman leaves late night with... 12
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the... 9
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may... 8
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 7