The Wall Street MarketWatch recently released a list of the highest-calorie menu items at 10 of the nation's top fast-food restaurants that offers the most calories per dollar.
At Panera Bread, steak and white cheddar on a French baguette is almost 112 calories for every dollar spent. Although Panera has a wide variety of healthy choices, this meal has 980 calories and 103 grams of carbohydrates, which is nearly half of the USDA's recommended daily intake of carbohydrates.
On Tuesday, Dunkin' Donuts opened its first restaurant in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City. During the summer months, customers might opt for a colder version of a regular mocha. The Dunkin' Donuts frozen mocha coffee coolatta with cream is 730 calories with 142 grams of sugar — the equivalent of 35.5 teaspoons of sugar. At a price tag of $4.39, one cent equals 1.66 calories. If a customer orders something to eat with their drink, like a chocolate coconut cake donut, that is an additional 550 calories and 22 grams of sugar.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- 14 potential signs of autism you may be...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- Two powerful forces make American... 23
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 12
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- TSA offering $15,000 for best airport... 9
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Deal to improve veterans' health care... 6