The Wall Street MarketWatch recently released a list of the highest-calorie menu items at 10 of the nation's top fast-food restaurants that offers the most calories per dollar.
At Panera Bread, steak and white cheddar on a French baguette is almost 112 calories for every dollar spent. Although Panera has a wide variety of healthy choices, this meal has 980 calories and 103 grams of carbohydrates, which is nearly half of the USDA's recommended daily intake of carbohydrates.
On Tuesday, Dunkin' Donuts opened its first restaurant in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City. During the summer months, customers might opt for a colder version of a regular mocha. The Dunkin' Donuts frozen mocha coffee coolatta with cream is 730 calories with 142 grams of sugar — the equivalent of 35.5 teaspoons of sugar. At a price tag of $4.39, one cent equals 1.66 calories. If a customer orders something to eat with their drink, like a chocolate coconut cake donut, that is an additional 550 calories and 22 grams of sugar.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- List: 10 Super Bowl ads you'll be talking about
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Defending the Faith: Rethinking... 27
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 15
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- New book examines 4th Article of Faith... 10
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- UTA, health officials offering free... 5