The Wall Street MarketWatch recently released a list of the highest-calorie menu items at 10 of the nation's top fast-food restaurants that offers the most calories per dollar.
At Panera Bread, steak and white cheddar on a French baguette is almost 112 calories for every dollar spent. Although Panera has a wide variety of healthy choices, this meal has 980 calories and 103 grams of carbohydrates, which is nearly half of the USDA's recommended daily intake of carbohydrates.
On Tuesday, Dunkin' Donuts opened its first restaurant in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City. During the summer months, customers might opt for a colder version of a regular mocha. The Dunkin' Donuts frozen mocha coffee coolatta with cream is 730 calories with 142 grams of sugar — the equivalent of 35.5 teaspoons of sugar. At a price tag of $4.39, one cent equals 1.66 calories. If a customer orders something to eat with their drink, like a chocolate coconut cake donut, that is an additional 550 calories and 22 grams of sugar.
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- 20 places in Utah where kids eat free, or for...
- Why the royal family popularity? People are...
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless families...
- LDS teacher mourns loss of two former...
- Mayor wants Hale Center Theatre in South Jordan
- What happened to the wave of Mormon movies?
- 'Practicing Charity': Art exhibit depicts...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 20
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless... 10
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Film about man's crusade against child... 7
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate... 6
- Mayor wants Hale Center Theatre in... 5
- LDS teacher mourns loss of two former... 4