Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Trey Burke, No. 9 overall
Position: PG School: Michigan Height/weight: 6-0/190 pounds Career averages: 16.7 ppg and 5.7 apg Fast facts: Led Michigan to the 2013 NCAA championship game and earned almost all of the possible national player of the year awards, including the John R. Wooden Award, AP College Basketball Player of the Year, NABC Player of the Year, Naismith Player of the Year, Oscar Robertson Trophy winner, and Sports Illustrated Player of the Year.
Rudy Gobert, No. 27 overall
Position: C Country: France Height/weight: 7-1/235 pounds Career averages: 8.3 ppg and 5.2 rpg Fast facts: Set combine records with a 7-foot-9 wingspan and a 9-foot-7 standing reach. A force in the paint and shot 73 percent for Cholet Basket in 2012-13.
Sarah Thomas is a graduate of the University of Utah and has been covering sports for the Deseret News since 2008.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7