Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Trey Burke, No. 9 overall
Position: PG School: Michigan Height/weight: 6-0/190 pounds Career averages: 16.7 ppg and 5.7 apg Fast facts: Led Michigan to the 2013 NCAA championship game and earned almost all of the possible national player of the year awards, including the John R. Wooden Award, AP College Basketball Player of the Year, NABC Player of the Year, Naismith Player of the Year, Oscar Robertson Trophy winner, and Sports Illustrated Player of the Year.
Rudy Gobert, No. 27 overall
Position: C Country: France Height/weight: 7-1/235 pounds Career averages: 8.3 ppg and 5.2 rpg Fast facts: Set combine records with a 7-foot-9 wingspan and a 9-foot-7 standing reach. A force in the paint and shot 73 percent for Cholet Basket in 2012-13.
Sarah Thomas is a graduate of the University of Utah and has been covering sports for the Deseret News since 2008.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27