Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Trey Burke, No. 9 overall
Position: PG School: Michigan Height/weight: 6-0/190 pounds Career averages: 16.7 ppg and 5.7 apg Fast facts: Led Michigan to the 2013 NCAA championship game and earned almost all of the possible national player of the year awards, including the John R. Wooden Award, AP College Basketball Player of the Year, NABC Player of the Year, Naismith Player of the Year, Oscar Robertson Trophy winner, and Sports Illustrated Player of the Year.
Rudy Gobert, No. 27 overall
Position: C Country: France Height/weight: 7-1/235 pounds Career averages: 8.3 ppg and 5.2 rpg Fast facts: Set combine records with a 7-foot-9 wingspan and a 9-foot-7 standing reach. A force in the paint and shot 73 percent for Cholet Basket in 2012-13.
Sarah Thomas is a graduate of the University of Utah and has been covering sports for the Deseret News since 2008.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26