BYU basketball: Former Cougar center Brandon Davies goes undrafted
Despite being projected to go late in the second round of the NBA draft by some experts, BYU's Brandon Davies went undrafted Thursday night.
The 6-foot-9 forward saw his prospects rise significantly during combines and individual workouts with as many as 15 different NBA teams leading up to the draft, but he was ultimately passed over.
Now, he is expected to sign as a free agent.
Davies averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game as a senior. He concluded his BYU career among the program's all-time leaders in a myriad categories: second in offensive rebounds, third in games played, third in free-throw attempts, tied for third in wins played in, fifth in rebounds, fifth in blocks, eighth in steals, eighth in field goals made, eighth in free throws made, tied for ninth in double-doubles, 10th in scoring and 25th in assists.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21