BYU basketball: Former Cougar center Brandon Davies goes undrafted
Despite being projected to go late in the second round of the NBA draft by some experts, BYU's Brandon Davies went undrafted Thursday night.
The 6-foot-9 forward saw his prospects rise significantly during combines and individual workouts with as many as 15 different NBA teams leading up to the draft, but he was ultimately passed over.
Now, he is expected to sign as a free agent.
Davies averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game as a senior. He concluded his BYU career among the program's all-time leaders in a myriad categories: second in offensive rebounds, third in games played, third in free-throw attempts, tied for third in wins played in, fifth in rebounds, fifth in blocks, eighth in steals, eighth in field goals made, eighth in free throws made, tied for ninth in double-doubles, 10th in scoring and 25th in assists.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24