BYU basketball: Former Cougar center Brandon Davies goes undrafted
Despite being projected to go late in the second round of the NBA draft by some experts, BYU's Brandon Davies went undrafted Thursday night.
The 6-foot-9 forward saw his prospects rise significantly during combines and individual workouts with as many as 15 different NBA teams leading up to the draft, but he was ultimately passed over.
Now, he is expected to sign as a free agent.
Davies averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game as a senior. He concluded his BYU career among the program's all-time leaders in a myriad categories: second in offensive rebounds, third in games played, third in free-throw attempts, tied for third in wins played in, fifth in rebounds, fifth in blocks, eighth in steals, eighth in field goals made, eighth in free throws made, tied for ninth in double-doubles, 10th in scoring and 25th in assists.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23