BYU basketball: Former Cougar center Brandon Davies goes undrafted
Despite being projected to go late in the second round of the NBA draft by some experts, BYU's Brandon Davies went undrafted Thursday night.
The 6-foot-9 forward saw his prospects rise significantly during combines and individual workouts with as many as 15 different NBA teams leading up to the draft, but he was ultimately passed over.
Now, he is expected to sign as a free agent.
Davies averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game as a senior. He concluded his BYU career among the program's all-time leaders in a myriad categories: second in offensive rebounds, third in games played, third in free-throw attempts, tied for third in wins played in, fifth in rebounds, fifth in blocks, eighth in steals, eighth in field goals made, eighth in free throws made, tied for ninth in double-doubles, 10th in scoring and 25th in assists.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7