Dana Edelson, NBC photo
Utah's local NBC affiliate, KSL-TV, has announced that this fall "Saturday Night Live" (SNL) first-run episodes will become a part of the station's weekly line-up for the show's 39th season.
The sketch comedy show will air at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday evenings, beginning Sept. 28, 2013. While reruns have aired on KSL for the past year at 9 p.m., first-run episodes of the show have never aired on KSL.
"When we became an NBC affiliate in 1995, we made the decision to keep our sports programming," said Tami Ostmark, KSL's vice president of marketing, research and promotion.
A KSL press release stated: "This move is part of a broader plan to strengthen KSL Television's program schedule and relationship with our valued network partner."
The local station has previously canceled programs such as "Hannibal," "The New Normal," and "Playboy Club." Both "The New Normal" and "Playboy Club" have also been canceled by NBC nationally.
NBC also released a statement on the programming arrangement:
"NBC is very pleased that KSL will start airing the 39th season of SNL this fall. We tremendously value our partnership with the station."
KSL, like the Deseret News, is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Time for an assessment of the year in movies...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: The books that change us
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Matching 'the majesty': Tuacahn Amphitheatre...
- The Clean Cut: USA women's soccer hat-trick...
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 12
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- Where are all the good Fourth of July... 4
- Time for an assessment of the year in... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the... 2