Dana Edelson, NBC photo
Utah's local NBC affiliate, KSL-TV, has announced that this fall "Saturday Night Live" (SNL) first-run episodes will become a part of the station's weekly line-up for the show's 39th season.
The sketch comedy show will air at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday evenings, beginning Sept. 28, 2013. While reruns have aired on KSL for the past year at 9 p.m., first-run episodes of the show have never aired on KSL.
"When we became an NBC affiliate in 1995, we made the decision to keep our sports programming," said Tami Ostmark, KSL's vice president of marketing, research and promotion.
A KSL press release stated: "This move is part of a broader plan to strengthen KSL Television's program schedule and relationship with our valued network partner."
The local station has previously canceled programs such as "Hannibal," "The New Normal," and "Playboy Club." Both "The New Normal" and "Playboy Club" have also been canceled by NBC nationally.
NBC also released a statement on the programming arrangement:
"NBC is very pleased that KSL will start airing the 39th season of SNL this fall. We tremendously value our partnership with the station."
KSL, like the Deseret News, is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire, Mormon...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Why I stopped reading mommy blogs
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- Video: Applicants interview for the 'toughest...
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last year's...
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in Salt...
- TLC family with 19 kids discusses... 26
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Abortion in cases of rape: New rifts in... 10
- Judge set to issue key Ohio gay... 10
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire,... 9
- Wright Words: Did I blow the choice... 5
- How to raise a caring, moral child:... 5
- With $41.4 million, 'Captain America'... 3