The program is one of the few grant programs that provides help for small businesses to grow, he noted.
“Helping small businesses expand will ultimately provide significant returns as these businesses grow to bring on new employees,” he said. “Helping these companies expand locally will ensure they stay in Utah to sustain our local economy.”
Typically when small businesses grow, the money stays local and is usually reinvested in local communities, he said.
“In addition, we see a lot of businesses in rural communities that are applying to the Bridge program. This is very important as every job matters in many of the rural parts of the state,” Hart said. “The long term vision for the Bridge program is really to help our small business grow to become strong medium and large employers.”
Businesses must have less than 100 employees
Jobs must pay at least 80 percent of the County Small Business Average Wage to qualify
Newly created jobs cannot be seasonal or temporary and must be in addition to current staffing levels
Businesses must apply, be approved and sign an agreement before hiring employees. The program is post-performance, so employees must be hired and trained prior to invoicing DWS
Businesses must be current on Unemployment Insurance reports and contributions
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 24
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 17
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11