The program is one of the few grant programs that provides help for small businesses to grow, he noted.
“Helping small businesses expand will ultimately provide significant returns as these businesses grow to bring on new employees,” he said. “Helping these companies expand locally will ensure they stay in Utah to sustain our local economy.”
Typically when small businesses grow, the money stays local and is usually reinvested in local communities, he said.
“In addition, we see a lot of businesses in rural communities that are applying to the Bridge program. This is very important as every job matters in many of the rural parts of the state,” Hart said. “The long term vision for the Bridge program is really to help our small business grow to become strong medium and large employers.”
Businesses must have less than 100 employees
Jobs must pay at least 80 percent of the County Small Business Average Wage to qualify
Newly created jobs cannot be seasonal or temporary and must be in addition to current staffing levels
Businesses must apply, be approved and sign an agreement before hiring employees. The program is post-performance, so employees must be hired and trained prior to invoicing DWS
Businesses must be current on Unemployment Insurance reports and contributions
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Top House Democrat not seeking re-election
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 51
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 26
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 23
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23