Utah Blaze fulfill rent obligations for '13,'14 seasons at EnergySolutions Arena
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze announced Wednesday that they have officially fulfilled financial obligations with EnergySolutions Arena for the remainder of the 2013 season and the 2014 season, per the original multiyear contract.
“We are pleased that the contractual obligations have been resolved and we look forward to Utah Blaze arena football at EnergySolutions Arena on Saturday and in the future,” chief operating officer of Miller Sports Properties, Jim Olson, said in a released statement.
The Blaze were removed from EnergySolutions Arena as tenants last week after failing to address financial obligations with the Larry H. Miller Group. The franchise owed $120,000 in unpaid rent from six home game fees from this season.
Blaze owner Kim Brown finalized a contract with a real estate developer in Chicago on Wednesday afternoon. However, specific details on the partnership have yet to be released.
"Not only have we secured the immediate future of the franchise, but we have taken the first step towards building a foundation for long-term success," Brown said. "We realize the length of this process may have created question marks in the minds of some of our fans, but rest assured the Utah Blaze is here to stay."
The Blaze (5-8) return home this Saturday at 7 p.m. against San Jose (9-4).
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33