Utah Blaze fulfill rent obligations for '13,'14 seasons at EnergySolutions Arena
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze announced Wednesday that they have officially fulfilled financial obligations with EnergySolutions Arena for the remainder of the 2013 season and the 2014 season, per the original multiyear contract.
“We are pleased that the contractual obligations have been resolved and we look forward to Utah Blaze arena football at EnergySolutions Arena on Saturday and in the future,” chief operating officer of Miller Sports Properties, Jim Olson, said in a released statement.
The Blaze were removed from EnergySolutions Arena as tenants last week after failing to address financial obligations with the Larry H. Miller Group. The franchise owed $120,000 in unpaid rent from six home game fees from this season.
Blaze owner Kim Brown finalized a contract with a real estate developer in Chicago on Wednesday afternoon. However, specific details on the partnership have yet to be released.
"Not only have we secured the immediate future of the franchise, but we have taken the first step towards building a foundation for long-term success," Brown said. "We realize the length of this process may have created question marks in the minds of some of our fans, but rest assured the Utah Blaze is here to stay."
The Blaze (5-8) return home this Saturday at 7 p.m. against San Jose (9-4).
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20