Utah Blaze fulfill rent obligations for '13,'14 seasons at EnergySolutions Arena
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze announced Wednesday that they have officially fulfilled financial obligations with EnergySolutions Arena for the remainder of the 2013 season and the 2014 season, per the original multiyear contract.
“We are pleased that the contractual obligations have been resolved and we look forward to Utah Blaze arena football at EnergySolutions Arena on Saturday and in the future,” chief operating officer of Miller Sports Properties, Jim Olson, said in a released statement.
The Blaze were removed from EnergySolutions Arena as tenants last week after failing to address financial obligations with the Larry H. Miller Group. The franchise owed $120,000 in unpaid rent from six home game fees from this season.
Blaze owner Kim Brown finalized a contract with a real estate developer in Chicago on Wednesday afternoon. However, specific details on the partnership have yet to be released.
"Not only have we secured the immediate future of the franchise, but we have taken the first step towards building a foundation for long-term success," Brown said. "We realize the length of this process may have created question marks in the minds of some of our fans, but rest assured the Utah Blaze is here to stay."
The Blaze (5-8) return home this Saturday at 7 p.m. against San Jose (9-4).
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 100
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 59
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22