LOGAN — Utah students recently earned awards at the Kenneth E. Behring National History Day Contest in College Park, Md.
“I am so proud of our Utah History Fair students and their accomplishments at the national competition,” Utah History Fair Director Nicholas Demas said. “The quality of our students is reflected in the final results.”
Junior group documentary participants Maya Holliday and Aidan Moore took second place for their documentary, “The Distance Between the Heart and the Stomach: Upton Sinclair’s ‘The Jungle’ and the Movement Toward Clean Meat.” Both are students at Mount Logan Middle School in Logan.
Hillcrest High students Bovey Rao, Samantha Bemis and Amy Zhan also placed second with their senior group exhibit, “The Open-Door Policy: Turning the Economic Tide of China.”
Carbon High School's Anna Bryner received recognition as an “Outstanding State Entry” for her eighth-place senior individual website, “Radio Free Europe: Defeating Communism With the Truth.”
Mount Logan student Raymond Li placed fifth with his junior historical paper, “California Gold Rush: The Effects of Persecution and Environmental Degradation on Native Americans.” He also received an “Outstanding State Entry” award for his project.
Bethany Anderson, of Thomas Edison Charter School — North Campus in North Logan, placed seventh for her junior individual performance, “Hungry for Treatment: The People and Ideas Behind the Discovery and Production of Insulin.”
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8