LOGAN — Utah students recently earned awards at the Kenneth E. Behring National History Day Contest in College Park, Md.
“I am so proud of our Utah History Fair students and their accomplishments at the national competition,” Utah History Fair Director Nicholas Demas said. “The quality of our students is reflected in the final results.”
Junior group documentary participants Maya Holliday and Aidan Moore took second place for their documentary, “The Distance Between the Heart and the Stomach: Upton Sinclair’s ‘The Jungle’ and the Movement Toward Clean Meat.” Both are students at Mount Logan Middle School in Logan.
Hillcrest High students Bovey Rao, Samantha Bemis and Amy Zhan also placed second with their senior group exhibit, “The Open-Door Policy: Turning the Economic Tide of China.”
Carbon High School's Anna Bryner received recognition as an “Outstanding State Entry” for her eighth-place senior individual website, “Radio Free Europe: Defeating Communism With the Truth.”
Mount Logan student Raymond Li placed fifth with his junior historical paper, “California Gold Rush: The Effects of Persecution and Environmental Degradation on Native Americans.” He also received an “Outstanding State Entry” award for his project.
Bethany Anderson, of Thomas Edison Charter School — North Campus in North Logan, placed seventh for her junior individual performance, “Hungry for Treatment: The People and Ideas Behind the Discovery and Production of Insulin.”
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 79
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26