BYUtv comedy show 'Studio C' pokes fun at Facebook stereotypes (+video)
With the recent announcement of the "hashtag" joining Facebook, many have discussed exactly how users really interact on Facebook. This was the setting for BYUtv's "Studio C" new video, which describes some of the social media site's most common stereotypes.
The video begins with the stereotype of a "politically charged" friend and moves on to "teenage girl," "newlywed," "publicly emotional," "new mom" and more.
The video was posted last week and has received more than 74,000 views. Commentors have cited the truthfulness of the video, along with adding their own suggestions for additional stereotypes.
Davey Jones Pewbacca said, "The accuracy of this hurts."
Savanna Rodriguez gave her suggestion, "What about the workout maniacs. You know, the ones where every post is a check list of what they've done? And every photo is where their feet ran. They definitely should have been on the list."
Jared Shores, the BYUtv creative development supervisor, spoke with the Deseret News regarding "Studio C."
"The only limits are our imagination and creativity: How funny can we possibly be, and how entertaining can we possibly be? We hope that if we do this right — and we think we can — then we’ll be successful at gaining an audience that is new to BYUtv."
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Some communities suggest penalizing parents...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2