Utah Jazz to pick 9 different players at No. 14, according to NBA mock talk
InsideHoops.com is calling for another Gonzaga player to suit up in a Utah uniform — center Kelly Olynyk, not one of the Stocktons.
DraftExpress.com has Duke big Mason Plumlee going to Jazzland with the 14th pick. (Insert Carlos Boozer joke here.)
Fansided.com guesses that Pittsburgh center Steven Adams, whose Panthers lost at ESA in the NCAAs in March, will join Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter in Utah's front court.
Which brings the running total to nine players the Jazz are going to get with merely one lottery pick. (Hmm. Maybe Utah should try missing out on the playoffs more often.)
Olynyk, Adams, Nogueira, Kansas center Jeff Withey, Providence shooting guard Ricky Ledo, Senegal center Gorgui Dieng, French big man Rudy Gobert, North Texas power forward Tony Mitchell, North Carolina small forward Reggie Bullock, D-League shooting guard Glen Rice Jr. and San Diego State shooting guard Jamaal Franklin are among the names in the mock talk for the Jazz's second first-round pick at No. 21.
Oh, and the guys who dared throw some pasta against the wall by making second-round guesses ought to receive a bonus if the names they put out for Utah's selection at No. 46 happen to stick.
Those random names include Duke power forward Ryan Kelly (NBADraft.net), Lietuvos Rytas guard Nemanja Nedovic (DraftExpress.com), Memphis small forward Adonis Thomas (Moore, CBSSports.com) and Spanish shooting guard Alex Abrines (CBSSports.com's Gary Parrish).
"Abrines," Parrish wrote, "is a quick wing with good shooting range."
Remind reporters to ask Schroeder how to say that in German when he shows up for his first Utah press conference as a Jazz player.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14