Father, two children critical after rollover near Beaver
BEAVER — Two children and their father are in critical condition after their family car blew a tire and rolled on I-15, ejecting four people from the vehicle.
The family was about 10 miles south of Beaver when the right front tire blew, pulling the vehicle into the median and causing it to roll. Three children and their mother were ejected from the vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A 4-year-old girl suffered a possible broken neck, and a 5-year-old boy sustained severe head trauma, the UHP reported. They were taken by medical helicopter to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The 31-year-old father, who was driving and wearing a seat belt, was the only person not ejected from the vehicle. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition, then transferred by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
The mother and a 9-year-old boy were also ejected from the vehicle and were transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
Investigators are looking at excessive speed as a possible contributor to the crash, the UHP reported.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14