Father, two children critical after rollover near Beaver
BEAVER — Two children and their father are in critical condition after their family car blew a tire and rolled on I-15, ejecting four people from the vehicle.
The family was about 10 miles south of Beaver when the right front tire blew, pulling the vehicle into the median and causing it to roll. Three children and their mother were ejected from the vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A 4-year-old girl suffered a possible broken neck, and a 5-year-old boy sustained severe head trauma, the UHP reported. They were taken by medical helicopter to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The 31-year-old father, who was driving and wearing a seat belt, was the only person not ejected from the vehicle. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition, then transferred by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
The mother and a 9-year-old boy were also ejected from the vehicle and were transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
Investigators are looking at excessive speed as a possible contributor to the crash, the UHP reported.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16