Father, two children critical after rollover near Beaver
BEAVER — Two children and their father are in critical condition after their family car blew a tire and rolled on I-15, ejecting four people from the vehicle.
The family was about 10 miles south of Beaver when the right front tire blew, pulling the vehicle into the median and causing it to roll. Three children and their mother were ejected from the vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A 4-year-old girl suffered a possible broken neck, and a 5-year-old boy sustained severe head trauma, the UHP reported. They were taken by medical helicopter to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The 31-year-old father, who was driving and wearing a seat belt, was the only person not ejected from the vehicle. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition, then transferred by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
The mother and a 9-year-old boy were also ejected from the vehicle and were transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
Investigators are looking at excessive speed as a possible contributor to the crash, the UHP reported.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21