Father, two children critical after rollover near Beaver
BEAVER — Two children and their father are in critical condition after their family car blew a tire and rolled on I-15, ejecting four people from the vehicle.
The family was about 10 miles south of Beaver when the right front tire blew, pulling the vehicle into the median and causing it to roll. Three children and their mother were ejected from the vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A 4-year-old girl suffered a possible broken neck, and a 5-year-old boy sustained severe head trauma, the UHP reported. They were taken by medical helicopter to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The 31-year-old father, who was driving and wearing a seat belt, was the only person not ejected from the vehicle. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition, then transferred by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
The mother and a 9-year-old boy were also ejected from the vehicle and were transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
Investigators are looking at excessive speed as a possible contributor to the crash, the UHP reported.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 91
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18