Father, two children critical after rollover near Beaver
BEAVER — Two children and their father are in critical condition after their family car blew a tire and rolled on I-15, ejecting four people from the vehicle.
The family was about 10 miles south of Beaver when the right front tire blew, pulling the vehicle into the median and causing it to roll. Three children and their mother were ejected from the vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A 4-year-old girl suffered a possible broken neck, and a 5-year-old boy sustained severe head trauma, the UHP reported. They were taken by medical helicopter to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The 31-year-old father, who was driving and wearing a seat belt, was the only person not ejected from the vehicle. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition, then transferred by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
The mother and a 9-year-old boy were also ejected from the vehicle and were transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
Investigators are looking at excessive speed as a possible contributor to the crash, the UHP reported.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9