Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah has named Alberta Davis Comer as dean and director of the J. Willard Marriott Library and university librarian effective Aug. 19.
Comer has served as dean and associate dean of library services at Cunningham Memorial Library, Indiana State University since 2004. She holds a Master of Library Science degree from Indiana University-Bloomington.
“She brings to the U. an expansive knowledge of libraries, as well as a strong focus on students, faculty collaboration, and the cultivation of positive community and donor relations,″ said Michael Hardman, interim senior vice president of academic affairs at the U.
“The Marriott Library is one of the nation’s premier academic libraries, and I am looking forward to leading its impressive team,” Comer said.
Comer replaces Joyce Ogburn, who served as dean until 2012 and recently accepted a position with the Appalachian State University libraries.
The J. Willard Marriott Library is the flagship academic library for the Utah State System of Higher Education and the largest state-funded academic library in the six-state region of Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 31
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 18
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12