Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah has named Alberta Davis Comer as dean and director of the J. Willard Marriott Library and university librarian effective Aug. 19.
Comer has served as dean and associate dean of library services at Cunningham Memorial Library, Indiana State University since 2004. She holds a Master of Library Science degree from Indiana University-Bloomington.
“She brings to the U. an expansive knowledge of libraries, as well as a strong focus on students, faculty collaboration, and the cultivation of positive community and donor relations,″ said Michael Hardman, interim senior vice president of academic affairs at the U.
“The Marriott Library is one of the nation’s premier academic libraries, and I am looking forward to leading its impressive team,” Comer said.
Comer replaces Joyce Ogburn, who served as dean until 2012 and recently accepted a position with the Appalachian State University libraries.
The J. Willard Marriott Library is the flagship academic library for the Utah State System of Higher Education and the largest state-funded academic library in the six-state region of Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14