Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah has named Alberta Davis Comer as dean and director of the J. Willard Marriott Library and university librarian effective Aug. 19.
Comer has served as dean and associate dean of library services at Cunningham Memorial Library, Indiana State University since 2004. She holds a Master of Library Science degree from Indiana University-Bloomington.
“She brings to the U. an expansive knowledge of libraries, as well as a strong focus on students, faculty collaboration, and the cultivation of positive community and donor relations,″ said Michael Hardman, interim senior vice president of academic affairs at the U.
“The Marriott Library is one of the nation’s premier academic libraries, and I am looking forward to leading its impressive team,” Comer said.
Comer replaces Joyce Ogburn, who served as dean until 2012 and recently accepted a position with the Appalachian State University libraries.
The J. Willard Marriott Library is the flagship academic library for the Utah State System of Higher Education and the largest state-funded academic library in the six-state region of Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 35
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11