Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah has named Alberta Davis Comer as dean and director of the J. Willard Marriott Library and university librarian effective Aug. 19.
Comer has served as dean and associate dean of library services at Cunningham Memorial Library, Indiana State University since 2004. She holds a Master of Library Science degree from Indiana University-Bloomington.
“She brings to the U. an expansive knowledge of libraries, as well as a strong focus on students, faculty collaboration, and the cultivation of positive community and donor relations,″ said Michael Hardman, interim senior vice president of academic affairs at the U.
“The Marriott Library is one of the nation’s premier academic libraries, and I am looking forward to leading its impressive team,” Comer said.
Comer replaces Joyce Ogburn, who served as dean until 2012 and recently accepted a position with the Appalachian State University libraries.
The J. Willard Marriott Library is the flagship academic library for the Utah State System of Higher Education and the largest state-funded academic library in the six-state region of Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16