PAGE, Ariz. — Divers recovered Valerie Bradshaw's body on Sunday, four days after she and another woman disappeared into the waters of Lake Powell.
The body of the Sandy woman was found in water about 340 feet deep at 7:12 p.m. by the Utah Highway Patrol dive team, according to the Kane County Sheriff's Office.
The team used a robot to recover her body, police said. It was taken to the Wahweep Marina, and then to the medical investigator at the Kane County Sheriff's Office.
Because the body was found so late, search efforts were suspended for the night. The dive team planned to begin searching in the same area Monday morning for the body of Jessica Jackman, 22, of South Jordan.
The two women were last seen Thursday when the motorboat they were riding in collided with a houseboat near Dangling Rope Marina. Jackman's mother, Marilyn Jackman, 57, was also killed in the accident.
"This is what they do," Kane County Sheriff's Sgt. Alan Alldredge said of the search crews, before Bradshaw's body was found. "They’re really good at it, they’ll keep looking and they don’t generally give up. They’ll keep looking until they find them."
Alldredge said the teams had entered the third search grid area of Lake Powell's main channel using SONAR to scan for objects in the water.
"They’re looking for any irregularities, essentially, on the bottom of the channel," he said.
Officials with the National Parks Services were awaiting parts to repair a submersible robot craft that malfunctioned Friday. Alldredge said the replacement parts were expected to arrive Monday with the craft likely returning to operational use on Tuesday if needed.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15