NORTH LOGAN — Police have identified a 3-year-old boy who drowned in an apartment hot tub Friday night but have not yet determined how he came to be in the water.
Carter Bassett of Franklin County, Idaho, was found floating face down in a hot tub at the Four Seasons apartment complex in North Logan Friday night, according to North Logan police officer Rob Italasano.
According to police, the boy's family was attending a nearby wedding reception when the toddler somehow entered the gated hot tub area and fell into the water. A bystander jumped over a fence to retrieve the child and began CPR as emergency responders were called.
The child was then transported to Logan Regional Hospital where medical personnel were unable to resuscitate him, officials said.
Police do not believe the child's death was the result of an intentional or negligent action by another person, but it is not yet clear how the boy entered the secure location.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11