Mother disguises herself as daughter to take test in her place
A Parisian woman has been arrested for allegedly dressing up as her 19-year-old daughter and taking an exam in her place.
Le Parisien has identified the woman as 52-year-old Caroline D. She was allegedly dressed as a younger person, wearing converse shoes, jeans and a great deal of makeup, Gawker reported.
She was able to get into the testing center because the test is taken by people of all ages, similar to those trying to attain a GED in America.
However, her plot was foiled when an exam proctor noticed the ID on her desk belonged to her daughter. Police were called to the scene, but because they didn't want to disturb other test-takers, the authorities waited two hours before she was asked to step outside.
She was taken into custody on suspicion of fraud, and if found guilty, the daughter could be banned from taking the test for the next five years, according to The Guardian.
Michael Smith (@smithmichael8) is an intern in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on June 22, 2013, failed to properly attribute all source materials, which violates our editorial policies. The story was revised on Oct. 8, 2013.
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs Hillary...
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- Attorney General nominee picks up support...
- NASA remembering 17 astronauts killed in the...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- Obama to seek to bust limits on domestic,...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 41
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 13
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 13
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11