Mother disguises herself as daughter to take test in her place
A Parisian woman has been arrested for allegedly dressing up as her 19-year-old daughter and taking an exam in her place.
Le Parisien has identified the woman as 52-year-old Caroline D. She was allegedly dressed as a younger person, wearing converse shoes, jeans and a great deal of makeup, Gawker reported.
She was able to get into the testing center because the test is taken by people of all ages, similar to those trying to attain a GED in America.
However, her plot was foiled when an exam proctor noticed the ID on her desk belonged to her daughter. Police were called to the scene, but because they didn't want to disturb other test-takers, the authorities waited two hours before she was asked to step outside.
She was taken into custody on suspicion of fraud, and if found guilty, the daughter could be banned from taking the test for the next five years, according to The Guardian.
Michael Smith (@smithmichael8) is an intern in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on June 22, 2013, failed to properly attribute all source materials, which violates our editorial policies. The story was revised on Oct. 8, 2013.
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- Study claims cave art made by Neanderthals
- US trained Alaskans as secret 'stay-behind...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- Climate study yields bad news for tiny Nevada...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 9