NORTH LOGAN — A 3-year old boy was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in an apartment complex hot tub late Friday in North Logan, police said.
The boy's family was attending a wedding reception when the toddler fell into a hot tub located at the Four Seasons apartment complex, said Cpl. Shawn Bennett of the North Park Police Department.
Bennett said it is unknown how long the boy was in the water before he was discovered just before 8 p.m. A bystander jumped over a fence to retrieve the child, who was floating face down in the water.
The individual began CPR as emergency responders were called, who then took over until medical personnel arrived, Bennett said.
The child was unconscious and unresponsive as paramedics transported him to Logan Regional Hospital. Medical personnel were unable to resuscitate the boy, Bennett said.
The local medical examiner is conducting an investigation, Bennett said.
The child's name was not released Friday night.
— Katie McKellar
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11