NORTH LOGAN — A 3-year old boy was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in an apartment complex hot tub late Friday in North Logan, police said.
The boy's family was attending a wedding reception when the toddler fell into a hot tub located at the Four Seasons apartment complex, said Cpl. Shawn Bennett of the North Park Police Department.
Bennett said it is unknown how long the boy was in the water before he was discovered just before 8 p.m. A bystander jumped over a fence to retrieve the child, who was floating face down in the water.
The individual began CPR as emergency responders were called, who then took over until medical personnel arrived, Bennett said.
The child was unconscious and unresponsive as paramedics transported him to Logan Regional Hospital. Medical personnel were unable to resuscitate the boy, Bennett said.
The local medical examiner is conducting an investigation, Bennett said.
The child's name was not released Friday night.
— Katie McKellar
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23