NORTH LOGAN — A 3-year old boy was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in an apartment complex hot tub late Friday in North Logan, police said.
The boy's family was attending a wedding reception when the toddler fell into a hot tub located at the Four Seasons apartment complex, said Cpl. Shawn Bennett of the North Park Police Department.
Bennett said it is unknown how long the boy was in the water before he was discovered just before 8 p.m. A bystander jumped over a fence to retrieve the child, who was floating face down in the water.
The individual began CPR as emergency responders were called, who then took over until medical personnel arrived, Bennett said.
The child was unconscious and unresponsive as paramedics transported him to Logan Regional Hospital. Medical personnel were unable to resuscitate the boy, Bennett said.
The local medical examiner is conducting an investigation, Bennett said.
The child's name was not released Friday night.
— Katie McKellar
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 58
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 45
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15