NORTH LOGAN — A 3-year old boy was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in an apartment complex hot tub late Friday in North Logan, police said.
The boy's family was attending a wedding reception when the toddler fell into a hot tub located at the Four Seasons apartment complex, said Cpl. Shawn Bennett of the North Park Police Department.
Bennett said it is unknown how long the boy was in the water before he was discovered just before 8 p.m. A bystander jumped over a fence to retrieve the child, who was floating face down in the water.
The individual began CPR as emergency responders were called, who then took over until medical personnel arrived, Bennett said.
The child was unconscious and unresponsive as paramedics transported him to Logan Regional Hospital. Medical personnel were unable to resuscitate the boy, Bennett said.
The local medical examiner is conducting an investigation, Bennett said.
The child's name was not released Friday night.
— Katie McKellar
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Canceled Utah race renews fears of shrinking...
- Is report on building prison in Draper...
- About Utah: Thousands served by one good idea
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake Olympics...
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 84
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 52
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 49
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 49
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 33
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 23
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 16
- Mural on side of restaurant violates... 12