NORTH LOGAN — A 3-year old boy was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in an apartment complex hot tub late Friday in North Logan, police said.
The boy's family was attending a wedding reception when the toddler fell into a hot tub located at the Four Seasons apartment complex, said Cpl. Shawn Bennett of the North Park Police Department.
Bennett said it is unknown how long the boy was in the water before he was discovered just before 8 p.m. A bystander jumped over a fence to retrieve the child, who was floating face down in the water.
The individual began CPR as emergency responders were called, who then took over until medical personnel arrived, Bennett said.
The child was unconscious and unresponsive as paramedics transported him to Logan Regional Hospital. Medical personnel were unable to resuscitate the boy, Bennett said.
The local medical examiner is conducting an investigation, Bennett said.
The child's name was not released Friday night.
— Katie McKellar
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15