NORTH LOGAN — A 3-year old boy was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in an apartment complex hot tub late Friday in North Logan, police said.
The boy's family was attending a wedding reception when the toddler fell into a hot tub located at the Four Seasons apartment complex, said Cpl. Shawn Bennett of the North Park Police Department.
Bennett said it is unknown how long the boy was in the water before he was discovered just before 8 p.m. A bystander jumped over a fence to retrieve the child, who was floating face down in the water.
The individual began CPR as emergency responders were called, who then took over until medical personnel arrived, Bennett said.
The child was unconscious and unresponsive as paramedics transported him to Logan Regional Hospital. Medical personnel were unable to resuscitate the boy, Bennett said.
The local medical examiner is conducting an investigation, Bennett said.
The child's name was not released Friday night.
— Katie McKellar
- Martin MacNeill hospitalized after suicide...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 105
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 39
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19