Jaap Buitendijk, AP
‘World War Z’: 3 points for parents
Violence — Two words: zombie movie. These zombies are the fast-attacking kind. They are ruthless and do not care who they bite. There is only biting, not feeding. This means not as much blood. Of course, defending against the zombies means hitting and shooting them and lighting them on fire.
Gore — Again, zombie movie. People transform into zombies and they are not pretty. Decaying bodies are all over the place. Wounds are shown after they occur. A man has a piece of metal running through him. Someone chops off the hand of a soldier to stop the spread of toxin after she is bitten.
Language — Only a small amount of profanity is used, none of it very harsh.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- NBC announces lead for live musical 'Peter Pan'
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1