‘Monsters University’: 3 points for parents
Cartoon violence — There are moments of violence, but they are no worse than any cartoon on television. Many are played for comedic purposes. The monsters must complete tasks, some of which have physical consequences.
Message — Parents will find messages they can share with kids in this film. One of those is determination. Keep working toward your goals and don’t give up. Another is teamwork. Help those who surround you to accomplish all they can. Also the message that there are consequences to your actions.
Fear — The monsters are just like those in the original film, except for one, Dean Hardscrabble (Helen Mirren). She is hard-nosed and stiff and can bring a sense of fear to a room. Some kids may have a problem, but not many, since the majority of characters are jovial and the scaring is only done on simulators.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza... 1
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel' 0