Man accused of throwing egg at officer arrested in 'missile' attack
SAUL LOEB, AFP/Getty Images
SALT LAKE CITY — A man who left yolk on the face of a Salt Lake police officer has been arrested.
Officers were patrolling the area near 500 South and 55 West on foot about 5 a.m. Tuesday when they heard someone from the seventh-floor balcony of a nearby apartment complex yell obscenities at them. The man then threw an egg at the officers, striking one of them, according to police.
Thomas L. Allen, 31, was taken into custody. Under the city code definition, he was arrested for investigation of "unlawful use of missiles and weapons," a class B misdemeanor, as well as assault on a police officer, a class A misdemeanor, and disturbing the peace, a class C misdemeanor.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man critically hurt in Legacy Parkway crash...
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7