Man accused of throwing egg at officer arrested in 'missile' attack
SAUL LOEB, AFP/Getty Images
SALT LAKE CITY — A man who left yolk on the face of a Salt Lake police officer has been arrested.
Officers were patrolling the area near 500 South and 55 West on foot about 5 a.m. Tuesday when they heard someone from the seventh-floor balcony of a nearby apartment complex yell obscenities at them. The man then threw an egg at the officers, striking one of them, according to police.
Thomas L. Allen, 31, was taken into custody. Under the city code definition, he was arrested for investigation of "unlawful use of missiles and weapons," a class B misdemeanor, as well as assault on a police officer, a class A misdemeanor, and disturbing the peace, a class C misdemeanor.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 35
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 35
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 15