Tom Smart, Deseret News
The news that legendary coach Jerry Sloan was going to rejoin the Utah Jazz organization in a senior advisory capacity hit the social media world Wednesday evening, and Jazz fans weren't hesitant to react.
Sloan resigned from his head coaching position midway through the 2010-11 season, and current Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin took his place. Though Sloan's role with the team was not made official until this week, Sloan has not strayed far from the Jazz organization.
Throughout the 2012-13 NBA season, Sloan regularly attended Utah Jazz home games. Since the season ended, Sloan has been actively involved with Utah's pre-draft prospect evaluation activities.
The Jazz won seven division titles and racked up 13 seasons of 50-plus wins during Sloan's 23-year tenure as head coach from 1988 when he replaced Frank Layden until his resignation 26 months ago. He was inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009 with Jazz point guard great John Stockton.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20