Kevin Conde, West Valley City Public Relations
WEST VALLEY — Former West Valley City Mayor Brent Anderson died Tuesday at 81.
"Our city is saddened to hear the loss of former Mayor Anderson, and we extend our heartfelt condolences to his family," Mayor Mike Winder said. "Our community was greatly improved under his leadership."
Anderson became the city's fourth mayor in 1987, when he was elected to finish Mayor Michael Embley's term. He then was re-elected to two full terms and served until January 1994. Anderson also served as a city councilman from 1982 to 1987.
Anderson directed the construction of the West Valley City Hall, as well as the city's first golf course, Winder said. Recently bisected by the new Mountain View Corridor, the West Ridge Golf Course will reopen June 28 as "The Ridge."
"The enduring and evolving nature of that golf course is a fitting tribute to Anderson's legacy," Winder said.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18