Kevin Conde, West Valley City Public Relations
WEST VALLEY — Former West Valley City Mayor Brent Anderson died Tuesday at 81.
"Our city is saddened to hear the loss of former Mayor Anderson, and we extend our heartfelt condolences to his family," Mayor Mike Winder said. "Our community was greatly improved under his leadership."
Anderson became the city's fourth mayor in 1987, when he was elected to finish Mayor Michael Embley's term. He then was re-elected to two full terms and served until January 1994. Anderson also served as a city councilman from 1982 to 1987.
Anderson directed the construction of the West Valley City Hall, as well as the city's first golf course, Winder said. Recently bisected by the new Mountain View Corridor, the West Ridge Golf Course will reopen June 28 as "The Ridge."
"The enduring and evolving nature of that golf course is a fitting tribute to Anderson's legacy," Winder said.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 38
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9