Matt Smith, Associated Press
Phil Mickelson loves his daughter.
The professional golfer recently flew home to watch his daughter graduate from middle school before taking a red-eye flight to Philadelphia, arriving in time to make his 7:11 a.m. tee time in the first round of the U.S. Open.
“She told me ‘Stay, it’s the U.S. Open. I know how much you care about it,’ ” Mickelson told the Courier-Post. “And I told her that I don’t want to miss her speech. I don’t want to miss her graduation. She spent nine years at that school. And she has worked very hard, and I’m very proud of her.”
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in the...
- How parents can keep family screen time under...
- How to prevent cognitive decline related to...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- BYU Cougarettes dance team wins... 9
- Former Ute Matt Asiata found success in... 8
- Is having children an irrational choice? 7
- The problems grandparents face when... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Where are all the teens going? 4
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3