Matt Smith, Associated Press
Phil Mickelson loves his daughter.
The professional golfer recently flew home to watch his daughter graduate from middle school before taking a red-eye flight to Philadelphia, arriving in time to make his 7:11 a.m. tee time in the first round of the U.S. Open.
“She told me ‘Stay, it’s the U.S. Open. I know how much you care about it,’ ” Mickelson told the Courier-Post. “And I told her that I don’t want to miss her speech. I don’t want to miss her graduation. She spent nine years at that school. And she has worked very hard, and I’m very proud of her.”
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- The Clean Cut: High school team helps...
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 7
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives... 5
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5