Matt Smith, Associated Press
Phil Mickelson loves his daughter.
The professional golfer recently flew home to watch his daughter graduate from middle school before taking a red-eye flight to Philadelphia, arriving in time to make his 7:11 a.m. tee time in the first round of the U.S. Open.
“She told me ‘Stay, it’s the U.S. Open. I know how much you care about it,’ ” Mickelson told the Courier-Post. “And I told her that I don’t want to miss her speech. I don’t want to miss her graduation. She spent nine years at that school. And she has worked very hard, and I’m very proud of her.”
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Where are all the good Fourth of July movies?
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of July...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 88
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 21
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3