Matt Smith, Associated Press
Phil Mickelson loves his daughter.
The professional golfer recently flew home to watch his daughter graduate from middle school before taking a red-eye flight to Philadelphia, arriving in time to make his 7:11 a.m. tee time in the first round of the U.S. Open.
“She told me ‘Stay, it’s the U.S. Open. I know how much you care about it,’ ” Mickelson told the Courier-Post. “And I told her that I don’t want to miss her speech. I don’t want to miss her graduation. She spent nine years at that school. And she has worked very hard, and I’m very proud of her.”
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- The Clean Cut: Groom makes vows not only to...
- There's no escaping 'Saturday Night Live'
- ‘Big Hero 6,’ ‘Feast’...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases clean...
- Erin Stewart: Why I vaccinate my... 21
- The Clean Cut: Lady Gaga stuns with... 20
- The Internet and depression: How... 4
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 4
- For kids older than 2, a nap may only... 2
- There's no escaping 'Saturday Night Live' 2
- LDS couple shares faith after 8 years... 1
- Saving Eliza: Family captures moments... 1