Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah wide receiver Quinton Pedroza has been dismissed from the team for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
Despite not making any catches and returning just one kick in his first two seasons with the Utes, Pedroza was expected to compete for a starting receiver spot and the return specialist job this fall.
Pedroza, a 6-foot-2, 216-pound junior out of Chino, Calif., appeared in 14 games at Utah. He made two tackles on special teams in 2012 and had a 23-yard kick return against UCLA in 2011.
With Pedroza’s departure, the primary contenders for playing time at wide receiver in 2013 include Dres Anderson, Kenneth Scott, Andre Lewis, Anthony Denham, Brian Allen and Sean Fitzgerald. Anderson, Scott and Lewis are juniors. Denham and Fitzgerald are seniors, while Allen is a redshirt freshman.
The Utes open Aug. 29 at home against Utah State.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Jazz notes: Respect high between Coach...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33