SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City woman is facing animal cruelty charges after police say she killed her dog by spraying insecticide down its throat.
Kimberly Michelle Davis, 53, was charged in 3rd District Court Tuesday for obstructing justice and torture of a companion animal, both third-degree felonies, and aggravated cruelty to an animal, a class A misdemeanor.
Davis' neighbor called police after he discovered the body of the dog when he lifted a trash can lid at his apartment complex, charges state.
Davis told police she "put her hand over the dog's mouth and sprayed Raid down the dog's throat," before wrapping the dog in a blanket and throwing it in the garbage can, according to the charges.
— Katie McKellar
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7