SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City woman is facing animal cruelty charges after police say she killed her dog by spraying insecticide down its throat.
Kimberly Michelle Davis, 53, was charged in 3rd District Court Tuesday for obstructing justice and torture of a companion animal, both third-degree felonies, and aggravated cruelty to an animal, a class A misdemeanor.
Davis' neighbor called police after he discovered the body of the dog when he lifted a trash can lid at his apartment complex, charges state.
Davis told police she "put her hand over the dog's mouth and sprayed Raid down the dog's throat," before wrapping the dog in a blanket and throwing it in the garbage can, according to the charges.
— Katie McKellar
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12