SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City woman is facing animal cruelty charges after police say she killed her dog by spraying insecticide down its throat.
Kimberly Michelle Davis, 53, was charged in 3rd District Court Tuesday for obstructing justice and torture of a companion animal, both third-degree felonies, and aggravated cruelty to an animal, a class A misdemeanor.
Davis' neighbor called police after he discovered the body of the dog when he lifted a trash can lid at his apartment complex, charges state.
Davis told police she "put her hand over the dog's mouth and sprayed Raid down the dog's throat," before wrapping the dog in a blanket and throwing it in the garbage can, according to the charges.
— Katie McKellar
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Utah's popular 'soda-pop geyser' is fizzling out
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 81
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 49
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 31
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 22
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 20