SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City woman is facing animal cruelty charges after police say she killed her dog by spraying insecticide down its throat.
Kimberly Michelle Davis, 53, was charged in 3rd District Court Tuesday for obstructing justice and torture of a companion animal, both third-degree felonies, and aggravated cruelty to an animal, a class A misdemeanor.
Davis' neighbor called police after he discovered the body of the dog when he lifted a trash can lid at his apartment complex, charges state.
Davis told police she "put her hand over the dog's mouth and sprayed Raid down the dog's throat," before wrapping the dog in a blanket and throwing it in the garbage can, according to the charges.
— Katie McKellar
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 21
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16