SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City woman is facing animal cruelty charges after police say she killed her dog by spraying insecticide down its throat.
Kimberly Michelle Davis, 53, was charged in 3rd District Court Tuesday for obstructing justice and torture of a companion animal, both third-degree felonies, and aggravated cruelty to an animal, a class A misdemeanor.
Davis' neighbor called police after he discovered the body of the dog when he lifted a trash can lid at his apartment complex, charges state.
Davis told police she "put her hand over the dog's mouth and sprayed Raid down the dog's throat," before wrapping the dog in a blanket and throwing it in the garbage can, according to the charges.
— Katie McKellar
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10