Down Right Now, an Internet services monitoring site, noted that Facebook is experiencing a "likely service disruption" at 9:28 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 18.
Those able to reach the page received a message stating "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can."
With all the Facebook issues, users took to Twitter to vent their frustration, spread the word and even poke fun at social media attachment.
Business Insider simply tweeted, "Facebook is down."
Facebook is down.— BI: Tech (@SAI) June 19, 2013
While NorthWest Cable News suggested that social media users have flooded Twitter only because Facebook is down. They tweeted: "How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest."
How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest— NorthWest Cable News (@NWCN) June 19, 2013
Several tweeters made comments about the NSA and Facebook. Many even joked about productivity increasing with outage. Whatever the cause, the service interruption went on unexplained.
According to NBC News Facebook has plans to announce a "new product," with rumors suggesting that they will be adding a video to Instagram. However, the outage seems to be unrelated to the upcoming new product.
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with hands up
- The Los Angeles Unified School District ducks...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Measuring the impact of a MOOC course can be...
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Police, protesters collide again in... 15
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but... 14
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 13