Down Right Now, an Internet services monitoring site, noted that Facebook is experiencing a "likely service disruption" at 9:28 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 18.
Those able to reach the page received a message stating "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can."
With all the Facebook issues, users took to Twitter to vent their frustration, spread the word and even poke fun at social media attachment.
Business Insider simply tweeted, "Facebook is down."
Facebook is down.— BI: Tech (@SAI) June 19, 2013
While NorthWest Cable News suggested that social media users have flooded Twitter only because Facebook is down. They tweeted: "How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest."
How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest— NorthWest Cable News (@NWCN) June 19, 2013
Several tweeters made comments about the NSA and Facebook. Many even joked about productivity increasing with outage. Whatever the cause, the service interruption went on unexplained.
According to NBC News Facebook has plans to announce a "new product," with rumors suggesting that they will be adding a video to Instagram. However, the outage seems to be unrelated to the upcoming new product.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Navajo Generating Station, West's... 11