Down Right Now, an Internet services monitoring site, noted that Facebook is experiencing a "likely service disruption" at 9:28 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 18.
Those able to reach the page received a message stating "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can."
With all the Facebook issues, users took to Twitter to vent their frustration, spread the word and even poke fun at social media attachment.
Business Insider simply tweeted, "Facebook is down."
Facebook is down.— BI: Tech (@SAI) June 19, 2013
While NorthWest Cable News suggested that social media users have flooded Twitter only because Facebook is down. They tweeted: "How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest."
How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest— NorthWest Cable News (@NWCN) June 19, 2013
Several tweeters made comments about the NSA and Facebook. Many even joked about productivity increasing with outage. Whatever the cause, the service interruption went on unexplained.
According to NBC News Facebook has plans to announce a "new product," with rumors suggesting that they will be adding a video to Instagram. However, the outage seems to be unrelated to the upcoming new product.
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- 2 on missing Malaysia jet used stolen EU...
- Terrorist attack? Mechanical failure? Reasons...
- Oil slicks found in hunt for Malaysia jet...
- FBI to investigate disappearance of a...
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of America,...
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 22
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 14
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 11
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 10
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will... 9