Down Right Now, an Internet services monitoring site, noted that Facebook is experiencing a "likely service disruption" at 9:28 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 18.
Those able to reach the page received a message stating "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can."
With all the Facebook issues, users took to Twitter to vent their frustration, spread the word and even poke fun at social media attachment.
Business Insider simply tweeted, "Facebook is down."
Facebook is down.— BI: Tech (@SAI) June 19, 2013
While NorthWest Cable News suggested that social media users have flooded Twitter only because Facebook is down. They tweeted: "How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest."
How many more of you are reading this tweet because Facebook is down? #BeHonest— NorthWest Cable News (@NWCN) June 19, 2013
Several tweeters made comments about the NSA and Facebook. Many even joked about productivity increasing with outage. Whatever the cause, the service interruption went on unexplained.
According to NBC News Facebook has plans to announce a "new product," with rumors suggesting that they will be adding a video to Instagram. However, the outage seems to be unrelated to the upcoming new product.
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Appreciating sacrifice: Deployed soldiers...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Medicaid enrollees strain Oregon; state...
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza border
- Official: Air Algerie flight carrying 116...
- Dutch say plane's black box damaged but not...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 48
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 23
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 15
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 14
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 14