Extra special touch: Drizzle with Mint Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Variation: Salted Chocolate Caramel Trifle
Omit the whipped cream. Layer the chocolate brownies, 2 cups caramel sauce (with a sprinkle of kosher salt), and then chocolate ganache. Repeat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This chocolate sauce is the perfect complement to, well, most anything. Even bacon. Makes approximately 3 cups.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (16-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
Heat the cream in a saucepan until it comes to a boil.
Remove cream and pour over chocolate in a mixing bowl. Let it stand for 1–2 minutes, allowing the chocolate to melt. Stir to mix together.
You can pour it over your cakes warm, or you can allow it to cool slightly and spread it like frosting.
— "101 Gourmet No-Bake Desserts in a Jar," by Wendy Paul
Kylie Lewis is a freelance writer for the Deseret News. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University—Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- One thing that changes every marriage
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 18
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- What you think of welfare program... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10
- Little difference between PG-13 and... 10
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9