Extra special touch: Drizzle with Mint Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Variation: Salted Chocolate Caramel Trifle
Omit the whipped cream. Layer the chocolate brownies, 2 cups caramel sauce (with a sprinkle of kosher salt), and then chocolate ganache. Repeat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This chocolate sauce is the perfect complement to, well, most anything. Even bacon. Makes approximately 3 cups.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (16-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
Heat the cream in a saucepan until it comes to a boil.
Remove cream and pour over chocolate in a mixing bowl. Let it stand for 1–2 minutes, allowing the chocolate to melt. Stir to mix together.
You can pour it over your cakes warm, or you can allow it to cool slightly and spread it like frosting.
— "101 Gourmet No-Bake Desserts in a Jar," by Wendy Paul
Kylie Lewis is a freelance writer for the Deseret News. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University—Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Celebrities and their kids: Family is still...
- Salt Lake father-son team take first in 3rd...
- LDS screenwriter talks about faith, family...
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks before...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world, one...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 24
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 18
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world,... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 9
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families... 6
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion... 4