Paul's no-bake dessert ingredients include fruit, chocolate, toppings, crusts and more. As an added bonus, there's also recipes for gifts in a jar as well as a guide to types of jars to use. The ingredients and instructions are so simple, they allow anyone yearning for something sweet to satisfy their craving within minutes.
Similar to the rest in her series, Paul said at the beginning of her latest cookbook, "Each recipe is designed to be easy and quick, taking less time away from your families and friends without compromising on taste and quality. Because that is what we all want: more time for the things that matter most."
Paul has enjoyed baking for many years and finds joy in writing new recipes and creating easy-to-make dinners and desserts. Her baking skills have been featured on numerous morning television shows and news programs.
Strawberry Icebox Éclair Cake
This dessert is not only easy, but it will also remind you of a really yummy French pastry that can take hours to assemble. This one only takes a few minutes. Leave it in the fridge overnight for the best results.
3 cups heavy cream
¾ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoon Bird’s Custard powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
24–28 whole graham crackers
2 cups sliced strawberries
½ cup dark chocolate, melted for garnish
In your mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in powdered sugar, custard powder and vanilla extract.
For easy assembly, place your custard cream in a piping bag or plastic freezer bag (gallon size), cutting a small piece off one end.
Layer each jar with custard cream, about 1 tablespoon, and then top with a layer of graham crackers, broken into pieces as needed, securing against the custard.
Then layer more custard cream (1–2 tablespoons) and smooth out. Top with some fresh strawberries. Repeat with the graham crackers, custard cream, and strawberries. Fill your jar or bowl three-quarters full, leaving room for a whole strawberry for garnish. Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results.
Drizzle with dark chocolate just before serving and garnish with a whole strawberry.
— "101 Gourmet No-Bake Desserts in a Jar," by Wendy Paul
Mint Brownie Trifle
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1¼ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon mint extract
1 (9-by-13) pan of brownies (from your bakery department at the grocery store), cut into bite-size pieces
1 recipe Chocolate Ganache (see below)
Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in your powdered sugar and mint extract. Set aside.
Layer each jar with brownies, chocolate ganache, and then mint whipped cream. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Celebrities and their kids: Family is still...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Salt Lake father-son team take first in 3rd...
- Are millennials really the generation we...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 7
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families... 6
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 5
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion... 4